
We had such a great Christmas this year! Our Christmas Eve traditions were a little off this year. We usually go sleigh riding, but there was no snow so we went swimming. Usually we have all of our shopping done, but we did some shopping too. A lot of the day just seemed like a normal Saturday. Santa's elves still managed to bring the kids some PJs and a book about Christmas and we watched the Living Scriptures video on the birth of our Savior. It was a nice evening, just different from years past.
The kids are getting older and more excited for Santa to come. Madi and Jackson put themselves to bed at about 8:30 and fell asleep pretty fast. Madi woke up at 4:00am and said she couldn't go back to sleep. She wanted to sleep next to me in our bed so I let her. She kept moving and twitching so I sent her back to her room at about 4:30. She came back in at 6:30 and I told her to go in our bathroom and take a bath. She was in there for a long time. When she got out she just watched cartoons in our room until Jackson woke up. Abi woke up around 6:30, but went back to sleep after I gave her a bottle. Jackson finally woke up around 8:30. We all headed downstairs to see if Santa came. The kids had been good this year so I was pretty sure he had some. Sure enough, he made it and the kids were glowing! Madi got some art stuff, a camera, games, and clothes. Jackson got some clothes, train stuff, and a radio control truck. Abigail got some toys, books, and a new hooded towel. Gary and I went simple this year. I gave Gary an air compressor and I asked for a tool set of my very own and that's what I got!!!
It was nice opening presents and then getting dressed and going to church. We had a great sacrament mtg. The Primary kids sang a Christmas song and then the ward choir did the rest of the meeting. It was really nice.
After we got home we called G'ma and G'pa Anderson, who is serving a mission in Laramie, Wyoming. We enjoyed talking with them and then we headed up to Gary's parents for the rest of the day. By the time we got home on Christmas night we were all beat! We went to bed and enjoyed a good nights sleep. Another Christmas has past! I can't believe how fast 2011 went by! I am looking forward to 2012 and seeing what our Father in Heaven has in store for us!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Oh, and one more thing, our yearly picture with Santa!! It is the first year we have a picture on Santa's lap without Jackson crying!!!! YAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment