Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Mexican Riviera Cruise!!

Last week Gary and I enjoyed a wonderful cruise down in Mexico.. We went with my parents, and my brothers and sisters and their spouses. It was so fun hanging out with the family again. It was a much needed trip for the both of us and we had such a great time. Here are some pictures from the trip. These first few are some of my favorites and the rest are below.

This one is my top pick.. This is of Gary and me when we were leaving Cabo.

Here is a picture of San Diego when we were leaving for the cruise Monday night.

Here is my favorite beach.. I loved Cabo and would love to go back someday. The sun was perfect (not too hot), the water temperature was perfect, and I loved that when I looked in the water I could see the floor of the ocean. I couldn't believe how clear the water was!


On the backside of that beach was the Pacific Ocean. The waves were a lot bigger and really fun to watch.

Here are some pictures we took on the ship. The ship was huge!! There was lots to do on the ship, but I think just laying out and soaking up the sun with my Pina Colada was my favorite part of the ship... The food was really good and I ate way too much.. I gained 7 pounds this trip... YIKES... I guess it's time to start that diet again.. Gary and I managed to win some extra cash while playing at the ship's casino.. We played some minature golf too.


Here are some pictures we took in Ensenada. When we got off the ship we rented some ATVs and went for a 1/2 hour ride on the main roads and highways to a place called La Bufadora, or "The Blowhole".. When the waves hit against the rocks it sent water flying up into the air like a whales blowhole.. I never saw it shoot up too high, but it was fun to see. Right next to the Bufadora there was a flea market where we found a couple things for the kids. Gary tried some smokes clams that were very tasty. On the ride back to the ship we stopped at the beached and played there for a few minutes.

Our last stop of the cruise was Cabo San Lucas! Ahhhh, I loved this place. We enjoyed the beaches, the water, the sun, and some local mexican food. The salsa was the BEST and thankfully, none of us got sick after eating it. Like I mentioned above, I'd love to come back and spend a couple more days here. When we first got to Cabo we had to ride a smaller boat from our ship to get to Cabo. When we got there we met a guy named, Jr. who rented us some snorkling gear and then gave us a ride to a nice place to do some snorkling. Gary's snorkle gear was giving him some trouble so we ended up just relaxing on the beach until Jr. came back to get us. After we got back to Cabo we just walked around the city and explored Cabo. We had some yummy food at "The Gigglin' Marlin". They had great food! After lunch we made it through our last flea market and got back on the boat. We pulled out of Cabo just as the sun was setting.

Here is a video of the fish that were swimming all around us while we were taking the taxi boat to the beach to go snorkling.

The last night the wind was really blowing and the boat was rocking a lot! We went up to the front of the ship where it was really windy and cold.. Hence the jacket and the blowing hair. It creeped me out a little bit looking out at the ocean and not be able to see anything but darkness.

We had a wonderful time, but we missing Madison and Jackson so we were ready to come home Saturday. Thank you so much Shepherd Family and Grandma and Grandpa Myers for watching Madison and Jackson, we couldn't have done this without you! Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful trip. We love you!!!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

So much fun for you you guys! I'm completely jealous, of course :) but still happy for you. Your pictures are so great--I could just see how happy and relaxed the two of you were. We all need that in our marriages, don't we? Good times, but glad to have you back. :)
--And don't worry about those 7 pounds, you'll have them back off in no time. And if you don't--who cares, you still look amazing. :)

---QUINN--- said...

Ahh the Sea of Cortez and Lovers Beach. Cabo has some amazing sights. Looks like you had a blast!

Hawks Family said...

Wow - what a fun experience! We've never been on a cruise, but have known lots of people who have been and loved every minute. What a fun time - loved all the pictures!

everyday katie said...

That is FANTASTIC! We honeymooned in Ensenada. I could use a trip like that.

Alicia said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one where you guys are kissing with the sun setting behind you. You need to frame that one!

Glad you guys had a good time!

Kristen said...

what a fun post! i loved reading it and reliving our vacation. you did a great job capturing it (when you get a sec, will you send me some of clay and i? did you give your pics to dave?).

amy anderson said...

You got great pictures! (as usual)
7 pounds must be the lucky, or unlucky, number. That's how much Dave and I both gained. Depressing.

Mary said...

holy cow! Mexico? Man, I'm jealous. Looks like it was a fabulous trip. What a great place to have a little getaway without the kids.
Hopefully we'll see you at the Christmas party in a few weeks! It'd be fun to see you again.

Alisha said...

Looks like so much fun! I want to take my hubbie on a cruise someday. Love the pics:)

Blog Archive