Every year Gary takes us fishing up to Strawberry just as the ice is melting. Apparently the fishing is really good this time of year because the fish are all really hungry. Well we haven't had much luck in the past, but this year we did better!!
Here's how our trip looked driving up the Daniel's Canyon to Strawberry. I didn't think we'd be able to fish that day because of the rain and the freezing temps!!
Here's what the kids did when I told them to be silly... Hey it was a long drive, I had to do something to keep them entertained.
Here's Gary teaching Jackson how to fish. Jackson was so interested and really wanted to participate in the fishing adventure.
I swear Jackson has no feeling in his feet. He kept playing in the freezing ice water.
Fish number one... Not too big.

Fish number two.

Here's fish number three, the biggest one. It measured in about 24 inches long. Madi wanted to keep it, but Gary and I didn't have it in us to kill that beautiful fish..


3 comments:
Oh WOW What a beautiful fish! Great pics too Jen!
Gary, you're a great fisherman, and it looks like you're raising some children who are going to love it, too. Your family has so many fun experiences in the outdoors. What a great day.
You should stop by my place next time you go to Strawberry! I'm not too far away. It would be so fun to catch up! This looks like a lot of fun. My boys keep begging me to go fishin'. I need to oblige.
Post a Comment