Thursday, October 21, 2010

Here's What I Did Yesterday!!


I have always loved Fall. I love the changing of the leaves, the temperatures, and I love the SMELLS!!! When I was young I remember my parents taking us out to the backyard and having us help them pick grapes. My Mom would then steam them and make grape juice! I absolutely loved the way it made the house smell. Now that I'm older and have kiddies of my own I get to create the same memories with them. Except we go to Grandma and Grandpa Myers to pick the grapes (thank you sooo much)! I love how a smell can take you back in time and you can have that cozy feeling of being young again! Now we have some juice to enjoy all year long!!

4 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Mmmm, sounds so yummy! It's so fun to make those memories with your kids!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

My mom used to do that too! good memories!!!

i love the bokeh (?) on the biggest picture...with the blurring in the back. what was your f-stop set at?

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

oh! who did your family portrait on the right? It's gorgeous!

Jenna said...

We had grapes growing up, too. I love homemade grape juice. Luckily, my mom usually gives us some every year still. I can't stand the store-bought stuff, tastes so different. :)

Blog Archive