Though we were up in the mountains it was still a little warm.. We took a couple breaks in the shade..

Here's a group picture.. Gary's parents had gone ahead of everyone.. That's why they aren't in this shot with us..
Ahh, we made it!! It felt so good walking through that cold water!
Jackson always gets the best seat in the house on these hikes, riding on Gary's back!
Here is a picture of the falls. You can see where the water has carved a hole in the rock, hence the name Donut Falls!
My Brother-In-Law, Clay & my nephew, Jack wanted to hike to the top of the falls.. The three of us headed up to the top. Here's a picture looking down from the top!
Here's what the top of the falls look like.
Everyone else started walking back down the trail while we went up to the top. Gary came up a few minutes later to help Clay with Jack incase he needed any help down.. Kristen stepped up and carried Jackson down for awhile for us!! Thanks Kristen!!
Look how beautiful this trail is!! I love being up in the mountains with all the trees and pine trees!! Gary's Mom is a real trooper!! On the way down she rolled her ankle and hurt her foot!! She didn't complain once.. I didn't even know she had hurt her foot until we were home!!
Apparently riding on Daddy's back can really wear you out!!
All of the kids did great!! By the time we got to the bottom we were all hungry though..
After we got all the kids in the car we headed farther up Big Cottonwood Canyon to have something to eat. Gary took his charcoal grill up and we had some hot dogs and burgers! It was even cooler up there, especially in the shade! Everything was still really green and the wildfowers were all a-bloom!!
After our late lunch we decided to take Gaurdsmans Path over to Midway and then home through Provo Canyon. When we got to the top we got out to look at the views! There was a cool breaze, it was perfect up there!
Thanks Gae & Dave (Gary's parents) and Kristen, Clay, Jack, Grace, & Max for going on a hike with us today! We had such a good time! We'll have to find another fun hike to try soon!
11 comments:
That looks wonderful! I need to get us out hiking.
Wow! That looks like a blast! Maybe we'll take the girls on that hike next year. Great pics!
you almost make me miss Utah! Looks like you had a great time.
That looks like it was so much fun! I am definitely going to get my husband and go hike that:)
What a beautiful place to hike! Looks like you guys had a great time. Loved the pic of Jackson asleep in the carrier on the ground - too precious.
I love it that you guys are always enjoying the Great Outdoors! You always seem to know just where to go.
You guys are always so active, I love it. How totally fun and a good way to cool off.
Ha Ha! Ricky Martin...that is hilarious especially if you knew him! He kind of does look like him. This hike looks amazing by the way...I wonder if Max would stay put in a back pack like that. I guess he wouldn't really have a choice.
What a scenic hike--looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I didn't know you were a blogger! I had fun reading your posts. Ryan would love that hike. We'll have to go up there on of these days.
you guys always have so much fun. Maddi is a lucky girl (and so much fun in class).
Post a Comment