We went to Bountiful last night and left the kids with my parents. We then drove to Orem and had a yummy dinner together, then went shopping (thanks Gary..), and then went home and relaxed. This morning we woke up, went to Kneaders Bakery for breakfast and then headed East!! It was so nice not having to worry about the kids and if Madi was hungry or if Jackson was cold.. It was just the two of us and it was great!! We went up American Fork Canyon, past Tibble Fork Reservoir, up to Mineral Basin, and then took a road that took us up to 9,000 feet elevation and that road took us down to Wasatch National Forest. We had great views of the Heber Valley.. Along the way we took every small road we could find just to explore and see where it went. It was so fun exploring and seeing all of these beautiful mountains up close!
Gary and I love aspen trees.. If you're ever high enough in the mountainns to enjoy the aspens it's always quiet and peaceful..
Whenever we go up AF canyon I'm always so jealous of those ATV drivers that they get to go through ALL the rivers and streams.. Today it was our turn.. It's funny how the smallest things get me so excited!!
And another...
You've got to love the self timer on your camera!!
We saw quite a few deer while we were up there.. With all the bear sightings on the news lately I was a little weary of them... Thankfully we didn't see any :)...
There were so many wildflowers EVERYWHERE!!! There were purple, red, blue, yellow, white... So Many!!!
Up all the little side canyons there were lots of little streams or waterfalls! They were so pretty! Thanks to ALL the rain we got in June everything was so thick and green..
YES... We got rained on.. Last night Gary warned me that it was supposed to rain, but I forgot to bring a jacket.. Gary was nice to lend me his.. It was actually pretty cold!! I guess when your at 9,000 feet elevation you're bound to get cold when it rains..
We came across a beautiful hillside of ferns! I immediately thought of Gary's Mom because if I remember correctly she loves ferns.. It had just rained so all the ferns had little drops of water on them, so pretty!
Well, we were getting pretty wet so we decided to pull up under some trees to take cover. When we stopped I looked to my right and there was a huge grouping of these beautiful flowers. I just started snapping away to pass the time.. This was my favorite..

Gary, thank you so much for all you do for me. Thank you for always making me feel safe and loved. I look back on our ten years and a flood of emotions come to mind. We have been through highs and lows, but I'm so thankful we have come out in the end stronger than ever! You have taught me so much and I'm so lucky to have you! I Love you!!!
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun... great photos & congrats on 10 years :)
How fun to go up in the mountains, just the two of you! We're coming up on our 10 year Anniversary this year too - we wish you both many, many more happy years together.
What beautiful country up there. So glad you were able to have such a fun getaway for your anniversary. And we loved taking care of your children; they are so darling and we love them. Thanks for sharing all the neat pictures you took; it really looks like you had a great adventure.
Happy 10 years! It is nice not to have to worry about kids every once in ahwile. Hope you guys had fun!
What a fun anniversary getaway. Happy anniversary you guys.
How fun! That is something Taylor and I love to do...exploring. Is that your little jeep or did you rent it? Your pics are really beautiful...you have a great talent.
Post a Comment