Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Madi's Reading Party!

The past couple weeks Madi has been doing a lot of reading for school.. She loves to read! We go to the library about once a week to return the 20+ books and then she chooses another 20+ books to take home. Well, today she wanted to have a "reading party" with her friend Emma. Before Emma came, Madi told me she wanted to have a theme for the party. She thought about it and decided that her theme would be "Be Happy". She then went to her room and started writing the theme down on pieces of paper. Emma showed up for the party and they were downstairs setting up for their reading party. I then went down stairs and found these all over the walls downstairs.


I think everyone can take Madi's advise to "Be Happy"... These dreary cloudy days are starting to get to me.. I'm ready for Spring!!

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

Kindergartners are the best. Their enthusiasm for life an learning is fantastic. Parker is the same way...he reads everything, he writes all the time and he can turn anything into a math problem. IT's fun to watch them learn and apply.

A reading party is so great. She's adorable.

'Be Happy' is much better than my kindergartners latest sign, 'No Appropriate Stuff Allowed.'

mom said...

Madi is so adorable...and such a good reader. I love her original ideas. Actually, I love everything about her!