Well, the day has finally come and gone already! Gary and I had a lot of fun with Madi and Jackson. On Christmas Eve Santa's Elves brought them some PJs and a book to read about the birth of Christ we read before bedtime. A big snow storm blew in which added to the excitement of the holidays!!
We also drove around town to see everyone's lights! Madi loves Christmas lights. We took some of our traditional bran muffins to some friends, including my Aunt Karen who lives about 10 minutes away. Gary shot some pool with Uncle Pete and Madi and I played with Aunt Karen on their new ski ball machine!! We had lots of fun. We finally made it home at about 9:30 and got the kids into bed so that Santa could come.
Christmas morning Madi came into our room around 7:30, but didn't realize what was downstairs. I said to her, "Merry Christmas Madi!" Her reply was, "Merry Christmas to you too Mom!" She wanted to watch some cartoons so we let her while Gary and I showered and got ready. Jackson woke up so we decided to head downstairs. I asked Madi if Santa had come yet and she replied, "NO"... Well we told her to go down and look in her stocking to see if there was anything there. She got half way down the stairs, gasped, and walked over to her stocking to find an umbrella (that's what she told Santa she wanted), some bath toys, a Dora Book, a toothbrush, some soap in the shape of a duck, and some princess chapstick
Santa brought Madison and Jackson some books, and a Plasma Car. Mom and Dad got Madi some clothes, and a Leap Frog gaming system you play on the TV, and another pair of Cinderella PJs. Gary's main present was a big picture of George Washington praying at Valley Forge. He had been wanting this picture for years so I thought it was time to get it for him. I also got him a T-shirt from his favorite fly fishing shop in West Yellowstone. Madi & Jackson got Gary some hand tools and a flashlight.I got a gift card to Pampered Chef, and MP3 player, some kitchen stuff, and a BIG thing of cookie cutters from Madi & Jackson. Jackson got some fun rattles, and an outfit.
After our celebration at home we packed up the kids and headed for Grandma and Grandpa's house! We had a great time in SLC at G'ma and G'pa Myers. We had a great breakfast of bran muffins and stuffed french toast. We had fun opening presents and playing/visiting with G'ma, G'pa, Bryce, Lisha, & Kayla! Madi got lots of Dora stuff and Jackson just enjoyed the company and flashed a couple smiles here and there.
After a great morning at G'ma & G'pa Myer's we headed to Bountiful to G'ma & G'pa Anderson's house. Waiting there for us was G'ma, G'pa, Kristen, Clay, Jack, Grace, Max, Eric, Ginger, Cody, & Tristen. We arrived just as they were finishing lunch. We visited for awhile and then opened the gifts! Before we opened our presents from each other Grandpa talked to us about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It was nice to take a step back and be reminded of what this day is really about. It's important for all of us to continue to be reminded of this and it's our responsibility as parents to teach our children this. We all gave and received some great stuff! Later that evening Jack, Grace, Max, & Madi took a bath to clean up!!
After everyone got dressed they played on the stairs for awhile!!
We finally came home around 9:00. Both the kids were sound asleep when we got home so they went straight to bed. I am the type of person that when Christmas Day is over the decorations get put away. I started cleaning up and putting the decorations away. I guess I do this b/c I feel like you are gearing up for Christmas for SO long and when the day is over I am ready to clean up and get ready for something new, like a fresh start. With neighbor gifts, Christmas cards, and just the hussle and bussle of this time of year the house has gone on the way side.. I have a lot of catching up to do..
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a wonderful and magical day. Thank you everyone for your generosity and most important you love and friendship! Have a great new year!!
1 comment:
I just love Christmas, but at the same time, I'm glad it's over. Ready to gear up for next year with Jackson? That will be a whole new experience with two kids who know what presents are. :)The lights looked awesome!!! Love your idea with the stockings on the coat hooks. (I almost bought coat hooks that look EXACTLY like yours from TaiPan, but ended up getting some a little different). Just wait till Madi figures out about Santa, and then she will be your biggest help/elf with getting ready for Jackson (and any other kids you might have by then) :) Happy New Year Jen!!!
Post a Comment