Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gary's Mr. Mom!

Yesterday was the opening day of the duck hunt! Earlier in the week Gary offered to take the kids hunting with him so I could have a relaxing day to myself! I was a little nervous at first, but of course agreed.. We woke the kids up at 5:30 and they headed off up to Idaho. I went back to sleep until 9:00. The kids had so much fun with Gary. I headed to the spa for a facial and a back massage.. It was so nice! I loved every minute of it! It was so nice to relax and not worry about getting home. After the spa I went home and started working on this quilt I've had on my mind for about a year now. It's for Madi's bed. I'll be glad to have that done. I must admit, the quilt is partly for me. Every now and then Madi comes in our room because of a bad dream or something like that. I'll go lay down with her in her bed. Well, this quilt will be so soft and warm for those nights!! I had a nice day as did the kiddies and Gary!! Thanks again Gary, you're wonderful!!!

6 comments:

BCoburn said...

love the camo on the kids. can't wait to get my own!

Annie said...

Spa day sounds like heaven! I don't know what I would do with a day to myself. I'm totally jealous.

Mary said...

Are you serious? Wow! Brave man you have there, but way to make the most of your free day!! Sounds amazing. Chris takes Eli fishing all the time. I guess I need to convince him to start taking Nathan too so I can have a free day. ;)

Tiffany said...

Wow what a fun day that would have been for you. What a nice husband thing to do.

Heather said...

Love the camo on the kids and what a great husband to take the kids hunting! Glad you enjoyed your "day off!"

mom said...

I love the picture of Madi with the duck. What a fun experience for the kids; they are so great. Gary, the "day off" idea was so nice of you.