Monday, September 28, 2009

Crawfish, The Miniature Lobster!!

Last weekend we went with Gary's brother's family up to Strawberry to catch some crawfish and camp overnight.. We had a fun time, but it was sooooo cold!!! I was so happy to see that sun finally come up!!

When we got up to Strawberry we stopped at the visitor center to see the salmon that were spawning. They look so pretty when they're so red!! It's sad their life ends this way! The kids loved watching them jump and swim around!

After the salmon we went and found a place to camp then we headed down to the lake to catch us some dinner!!! We tied six chicken legs to some twine and threw them into the water. Every few minutes or so we'd go to each line, pull it in and scoop up the chicken leg and crawfish that had grabbed on for some dinner... It was so fun!! I think we'll go again before it gets too cold. Next time I'm not going to camp, we'll just bring them home to eat!!

We finally decided we had plenty to eat. We filled a 5 gallon bucket and headed back to camp. The kids enjoyed playing in the dirt while Gary and Bryce cleaned the crawdads.. I made hot dogs for the kids, Lisha cut up veggies.. After we got ALL the kids in bed we enjoyed our OH SO YUMMY dinner!!

Thanks Gary for taking us up there!! We had such a great time!!! You always know the fun things to do!!

3 comments:

Lisha said...

I'm SO glad that we went camping with you guys! That was a blast! I love your pics they turned out great. Too fun!

Hawks Family said...

Sounds like fun, but really COLD! Glad you survived and had a yummy dinner too!

Alisa said...

I love these photo collages!