Here is a picture of us on our first "run" of the ditch. Gary was able to get one pheasant out of it. Great shot Gary! In this first picture you've got Gary's parents up top on the road, then Lisha with Ashlee, Kayla, and Madi, then Bryce, Gary and Jackson, and finally yours truly behind the camera.. We had a fun time!
Here's Gary and Jackson walking down into the brush to find their pheasant!!
Isn't it pretty up there in Idaho??? I love that old tree.. I swear I take this same picture every year, but it never gets old..
I love this old cabin that we're standing by. It's just sitting in the middle of the field all by itself.
I think this picture of Madi is great.. It represents her perfectly.. She's got her camo on, but then on top she's got her bright pink girly coat.. Love you Madi!
Jackson finally caved and fell asleep. I guess waking up at 5:30 caught up to him..
Here's Gary and Casey walking into the "Nesting Box".. They're always able to jump a few roosters out of the brush here, but not this year.. Oh well..
When we went to walk the nesting box Madi and Jackson wanted to stay in the car and watch a show (don't worry, we could see the car the whole time, they were fine in there alone...). Well, I saw them get out of the car so I ran over to them so they would see where we were.. When I met up with them I found Madi helping her little brother and holding his hand while they walked through the field. Madi is such a great sister!!
I liked this shot of Bryce and Gage.. Unfortunately the pheasant was a hen so Bryce couldn't shoot.. Nice job Gage, for finding the bird!! However, Bryce did eventually get his rooster...
Here's a picture of the Utah Myers Men!!! Bryce, Gary, Jackson, and Dave!! They have such great memories hunting together and now Jackson is starting to make memories of his own, LOVE IT!!
And lastly, what Madi waited ALL day for... The North Logan Pumpkin Walk.. She loves coming here and seeing all the pumpkin scenes..
I think we will officially make a tradition of this. It's so fun having a day together enjoying the beautiful outdoors.. The kids love it and we have a great time.. I think next year we will stay overnight at least one of the nights so we're not getting up sooo early or getting home sooo late that night. Heck, maybe we'll just stay over both nights!! Love you guys!!
5 comments:
I forgot about the pumpkin walk.
You take great pictures. I love the one of Bryce and his dog.
I did not grow up in a hunting family. Taking kids hunting sounds so scary to me. But You guys seem to have so much fun in the great outdoors.
Wow, I can't believe you did this all in one day... your kids must be troopers (of course, it takes dedicated parents too)! Staying overnight sounds like a pretty good idea to me :)
How fun - I loved the pics of the kids in their camo clothes - darling! What a fun time for your family, you gotta love those fun traditions!
they really are great shots...the pictures. still not sure about the actual shooting part, but glad you guys have fun! :-)
Those pictures look like they should be in a magazine. Jackson and Madi are really getting first-hand hunting experiences (and you, too, Jennifer). Madi is such a sweet big sister. You've got some fun years ahead!
Post a Comment