First things first... Here is what a pheasant looks like.. No, I didn't take this picture. Do you really think I could get that close to a bird before Gary shot it... Such a pretty bird with such beautiful colors.

Here's Gary and Jackson down hunting with the dogs. When we hunt we walk along LONG river beds like these. Apparently the pheasant hang out in these river beds. So Gary sends the dog down to smell and find the peasants, the pheasants flush, or fly away, and BANG, Gary shoots..

We were able to get our first pheasant pretty fast. Here is a picture of Casey fetching it up for Gary..

Here is a cute picture of Madi.. What you don't know about this picture is that literally seconds before I took it Madi was sitting there crying about being there.. I threatened her that she wasn't going to get any Pez (that's her favorite candy) and here's what happened. I can't blame Madi too much for being tired, afterall, we did wake them up pretty early to leave.. I think next time we will just drive up the night before and stay in a local hotel.

Here's Gary, Jackson, & Casey with their pheasant..

Here is the pheasant up close. Great coloring huh?

Here's Madi touching the bird. I had to hold it for a minute and it really grossed me out. I'll let Gary doing the carrying of the birds from now on..

Gary was pretty loaded down there for a few minutes. He had Jackson on his back and Madi on his shoulders. What a good dad..

Jackson was so tired, he finally fell asleep after walking around with dad.

I love this picture of Jackson and me. We were standing in some wheat fields that had just been harvested. I was hungry so as we walked I picked some of the wheat the machinery missed and ate it. Wasn't the best thing I'd ever tasted, but I knew we wouldn't get back to the car for awhile.. Hey, you do what you gotta do..

I thought this was cool lookin'.. This is winter wheat that was just starting to come up through the ground. I loved how they were planted in perfect little rows and how they looked from far away.

Just a picture I got while we were walking..

This is one of the little valleys we hunted in. This tree just stands alone in the middle of this valley and the cabin is old and has deteriorated over the years. You wonder what the history is behind that cabin.

I like the contrasting colors of fall. You can see how the river bed just winds down that valley.

After a long day of hunting we headed back to Logan. I wanted to see some friends that I worked with when we were going to school up there. After that we met one of our friends and went to a local restaurant that we loved when we lived there. It's called Cafe Sabor, a great restaurant on the West side of town. It's an old train station and a cool location! We love getting back up to Logan and going to the spots Gary and I enjoyed going to while we were in school and before we had kids. We love where we live now and love having our kids, but we both mentioned that those first 5 1/2 years of our marriage were the happiest and most carefree. Granted we were both in school and had to deal with that stress, but those were some good times!
4 comments:
That first pic of Casey with a bird in his mouth looks like Casey-heaven! The pictures are so beautiful! I forgot how pretty those birds are. Man, I could have used some of those feathers in my witches hat, they are SO beautiful! It's pretty funny about madi and Jackson. :) Sorry you had to eat raw wheat, what a survival gal you are! You look beautiful in that pic too, the background is lovely with your coloring. :)
Those are fantastic photos. It looks like you took a professional photagrapher along with you. I love that Gary hunts with the little guy on his back. Good blog. (Looks like I have been in that area a few times)
You gotta love the "family" hunting trips! And horray you shot something! Its funny how disappointed the kids are when you don't get a shot! It looks like you had lots of fun!
Great pictures, as always!! You really are talented. :)
The kids Halloween costumes are so cute! I like the picture of Jackson looking back.
Post a Comment