Sunday, September 2, 2007
Madi's First Camping Trip
On Friday night Gary took Madi camping in Lehi at Willow Park. Willow Park is about five minutes from our house down by the Jordan River. Madi was so excited as was Gary. Gary has been planning this for a couple weeks now so it was exciting for us to see how Madi would do. I went over with them to set the tent up and have some hot dogs and s'mores. When they got the tent set up Madi was SO excited to set up her bed and get her blankets out. While I was there she kept running into the tent and laying down on her bed. I wasn't about to sleep in a tent being 8 months pregnant so I left at about 8:00. Gary said that Madi was really tired so they got in the tent around 8:30, but for some reason Madi got a rush of adrenaline and was up playing in the tent until about 10:00, then she finally hit the wall and went to sleep. She woke up about 6:45 because "the sun woke up". They had a great time and Gary says now that he knows she has fun and enjoys camping he wants to take her up the canyon next time. Here are a couple snap shots I got of them while they were setting everything up.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So cute! I bet Madi really liked having that one-on-one time with her Daddy!
What a great family you have. It looks like Madi was sooo excited to go camping with her dad. I'm glad you joined them for dinner, Jennifer, but I don't blame you for not spending the night this time. I'm sure you'll have plenty of family campouts in the future.
How fun! But next summer might be a bit "interesting" with the camping along with most likely having a crawling, dirt-eating boy! You might have to do just dinners again. (My family would always skip the camping trips with mom during the summers of a crawler, it was easier to wait till they walked) It sure looks like it was a great little get-away! Your a trooper Jen, at the point you are, I just stayed at home!
Post a Comment