Friday, January 7, 2011

Bass Fishing In The Cold........


The other day Gary found this great spot on Utah Lake to go bass fishing. He asked the kids if they wanted to go today and of course they said yes. I was a little weary of going because it is freezing cold outside and I knew I wouldn't be very comfortable sitting in a chair when I am this far a long in the pregnancy. Well, at the last minute I decided to get some warm clothes and we were off. We caught nine fish and Madi couldn't have been happier. She even caught some with her little Barbie fishing pole she had. Jackson was more interested in the train tracks that were right by the fishing hole we were using. He also enjoyed throwing rocks into the stream too. By the time we left at about 5:30 it was 27 degrees outside. My feet and hands were freezing. I chose to go out there so I can't complain. We had to force Madi to leave, she was having a lot of fun. I think they're going to head out fishing again tomorrow to show one of Gary's friends where the fishing spot is. I'm going to stay at home where I can stay nice and warm.

2 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Brr - that just sounds cold. You are really a trooper being that far along in your pregnancy. Looks like the kids had a blast!

The Empty Nesters said...

You guys are lucky to still have open water. We have to drill a hole in 18 inches of ice. Looks so fun! You are great parents!

Blog Archive