Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Little Break For Mom...



Last night I was able to go to the Jazz game with mom!! We played the New Orleans Hornets... The Hornets have a great record this season and the Jazz have been playing well this season too so we knew it would be a great game! This was only the second or third time I have left Jackson, but it was great to have a "no kids" night. There was a baby sitting behind us and he made me a little homesick for my boy, but I got over that after a few minutes. Gary stayed home with Madi and Jackson. Both the kids went to bed early so he had a great night to relax. Thanks so much mom for inviting me!! I had a great time.
Earlier that day all of us went out to get a late lunch.. I had some banana squash with my meal and I was so excited, Jackson ate some... Yes, I realize that to some that isn't a bed deal, most babies eat squash. Well, Gary and I were never able to take Madi out and just feed her what we were eating. She was sooo picky so we always had to pack a bag of Cheerios. It's funny that the smallest things can make a mommy happy. I am determined to not let Jackson be a picky eater like Madi has been. I must give Madi credit where credit is deserved... She has really expanded on what she eats. I have found that she will eat pretty much anything, all I have to do is threaten her. After a couple times of trying the food she usually comes around and just eats it without a fight. In fact just last Sunday she took the Sacrament without us asking her to for the first time. We really didn't want to force to to take it, but we have been a bit more persuasive lately. We were so happy!!! Well, now that you're caught up on the milestones of our kids I will close for now! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

thanks for sharing you day of "goodness"! I'm glad you got to go to the game!!!

Dave Anderson said...

I'm so jealous. That was an awesome game!! I miss going to Jazz games. :( I will be going to hopefully a couple of them next month, though!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Tara said...

OK, this is what you do. Let him have some mushed "real" food with odd flavors, like mushed up rice with a little soy sauce, and fish, mushed avecado, things with mushrooms and onions. I wish I had done this with Josh, but Eddie already eats more unique things, it makes me really happy.

and I have yet to go to a Jazz game. Like most things, Jade has already beat me to it.

Lisha said...

Hooray for Jackson! I hope for your sake that he will be a good eater! I am glad to hear that Madi is branching out too.
Those little breaks for mom are such life savers aren't they?

Blog Archive