Okay, so I have read some of my friend's 100 lists and I thought I would give it a try... Here goes!
1. I only like to watch the first hour or so of the Today show, that's when they
cover the breaking news or hot topics.
2. I like the washing part of laundry, but hate the putting away part..
3. I have sung the National Anthem at a SLC Bee's baseball game..
4. I love selling and buying on Ebay!
5. I love to go garage selling.
6. I love love love our Dish DVR (Tivo).
7. I like to buy bird seed to feed the bird in our yard, but they make a MESS!!!
8. I don't like it when people leave their blinkers on after they have turned, changed lanes, ect..
9. I saw Celine Dion at Caesars Palace in Vegas, LOVED it.. I still have my ticket stub in my wallet after three years! Thanks Tara!!
10. I love to take pictures and put stuff on our blog if you haven't already figured that one out.
11. I love finding good deals, especially on clothes for my kids.
12. I haven't taken a nap where I just wake up on my own in years, I usually wake up b/c of my kids, not because I am rested. Then again, who does?
13. I have never had stitches because of an accident, only b/c of surgeries, births, etc..
14. I have never broken a bone.
15. I have never had alcohol or smoked.
16. I've been to recordings of Dave Letterman & The Price Is Right (Thanks Mom!)
17. I have a Sister I have never met and very much look forward to the time when I finally get to.
18. I've had my appendix out.
19. I had braces when from 5th grade to 7th grade.. Brutal!
20. I love having a Sonicare toothbrush! Talk about sparkley clean!!
21. I enjoy sewing simple quilts.
22. I love getting up in the night with my babies, it's our quiet time to be together.
23. I have a Bachelors Degree from Utah State University in Family and Human Development with an emphasis on child abuse.
24. I sleep with my own blanket at night. I get colder than Gary does so we have our own blankets.
25. I was going to be named Melinda, but my brother's and sister voted on Jennifer.
26. I still have and wear a pair of shoes that I bought in 1995, pretty sad, I know, but they're still in good shape.
27. I love Shade clothing, though I usually go to the store and head straight to the clearance pile b/c they usually have bright fun colors on clearance and I like wearing bright fun colors.
28. I knew I was going to marry Gary after or first date, though I had to do some convincing on his part.
29. I was in a car accident where none of us were wearing our seat belts, we rolled 4 or 5 times, and we all walked away from it. Apparently I had more work to do here on earth.
30. I have hit a deer before.
31. I love Clorox toilet cleaner!!!
32. I enjoy Pheasant hunting, but only for about the first 2 hours or so...
33. My closet is such a mess right now!!!
34. I love the sound of the heater turning on.
35. I love the snow, especially when there is LOTS of it!
36. I worked at KFC all through high school, I had a lot of fun.
37. When I was in Jr. High I had to go to the Principles office a lot because I wore cut of jeans, not short ones, just plain old cut offs... You weren't allowed to wear them, but I told the Asst. Principle that I wasn't going to go buy new clothes because of her rule(yes, it was her rule). I was happy when I got out of Jr. High.
38. I still haven't caught this huge fish up in Lamar Valley in Yellowstone that I want to catch, he's just too fast for me.
39. I love Costco! I could browse around that store for hours if I could ever go alone.
40. I like home grown tomatoes.
41. I've cut my foot on coral while snorkeling in Hawaii.. Ouch!!
42. I would love to live in NYC for about 6 months. I know I wouldn't enjoy living there, but I have to experience it before I can really believe I wouldn't like it.
43. I have never been through the Salt Lake Temple.. Just Bountiful, Timp., Logan, San Diego... I think that's it.
44. I love it when my carpet gets really dirty because then I can clean it with our carpet cleaner and I can really see a difference. I like the before and after thing.
45. I've only been skiing twice in my whole life.. Didn't like it the first time and I didn't like it the second time.
46. I get high anxiety really easy..
47. I love to Instant Message Gary while he's at work.
48. Gary and I watch the news EVERY night. Even if we don't get to bed after midnight..
49. I have one of the Backyardigan CDs memorized, Oh and the Strawberry Shortcake Christmas CD memorized too.
50. I am teaching Madi our phone number and address by putting them to music.. Works well.
51. I love Craigslist & KSL.com.
52. Lately I eat A LOT of whole wheat pancake/waffles and yogurt with granola mixed in (I have to let it sit for a few minutes so the granola soften a little).
53. Three out of five of my siblings have twins....
54. Whenever I look through a catalog or Costco coupons I always look through them about five times to be sure I didn't miss anything.
55. I have major issues with needles and shots. I am sad to admit I have never donated blood. The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.
56. Both of our cars have over 200,000 miles on them... Knock on wood.
57. When I was little I always nursed my cat back to health after he had been fighting. I wanted to be a veterinarian.
58. Having a boy is just as much fun as having a girl.
59. I love having a dry erase board in my kitchen.
60. I majored in Vocal Performance for 2 weeks... Hated the classes that went along with the major so I changed my major. I lost my full ride vocal scholarship... Oh well, sorry mom and dad.
61. I like talking in weird voices to Jackson... Hey, it gets a smile out of him.
62. When we first got our black lab B, I slept on the floor with him for about a week straight because he had kennel cough and to help him stop coughing during his coughing episodes I would rub and scratch his neck to help him relax. I had to give him shots twice a day too. Poor B.
63. I hate watching anything violent. I don't like to see others in pain.
64. Before I kiss my babies on the forehead I always take a deep breath and smell them.
65. I love OxyClean!! That stuff gets anything out of clothes or carpet.
66. I am an ultra sensitive person..
67. I love hospital food.
68. I love my Dyson vaccuum!!
69. I have never been able to find alfredo sauce better then Olive Garden's.
70. I would love to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir someday.
71. I love buying and shopping online.
72. I love getting the free gifts that Clinique offers.
73. I drink most of my drinks with a straw.
74. I can never put lipstick or lip color on until after I have brushed my teeth regardless of the time of day and if I had already brushed that morning.
75. I almost drowned in a hot tub in Park City when I was just a wee little girl..
76. I have always wanted to stay in that Bed & Breakfast right outside of Park West/The Canyons Resort, but now it's a School... Guess I'll never get to stay there.
77. I crack my knuckles.
78. Even though I am an adult when I walk downstairs on Christmas morning I still hope that Santa does exist and that he came to our house.
79. It bugs me when the toilet paper comes out from the bottom of the roll and not over the top of it. I have changed it in peoples homes before because it bugs me so bad.
80. I have four brothers and sisters.
81. I love to laugh with Gary.
82. I love my friends, sometimes I worry I bug them too much, like I'm smothering them.
83. I can never sleep with my back to the outside of the bed, I'm afraid someone will sneak up on me (other than Madison).
84. Sometimes when I sing in the car I wonder if Simon would let me through to Hollywood on American Idol and I think about what song I would sing to audition.
85. I like to learn hard songs and I love singing with a full orchestra!
86. After watching Jaws one too many times growing up I am still convinced there are sharks in any body of water, lakes, ponds, whatever, I know he's there. I am really afraid of the water.
87. I have never had a bloody nose.
88. My favorite candle scent is Pearberry by Salt City Candles. We burned that a lot right after we got married and when I smell it I close my eyes and it takes me right back to our one bedroom basement apartment in Logan.
89. I cry over anything. I am even teary eyed after typing out #88. Thanks Dad..
90. We are convinced that one of our cats has a mental disability.
91. When I was nine I got my ears pierced. In high school I double pierced my ears in my parents bathroom with A LOT of ice and another pair of earrings I had(I never wear earrings now).
92. I sang at the Dedication of the Bountiful Temple!! It was awesome!
93. I still laugh when I watch Tom and Jerry with Madison!! Those two are so funny.
94. I think I have seen every episode of Saved By The Bell, Friends, and probably Seinfeld too.
95. After I had Jackson I left him on the Customer Service counter in Best Buy and almost left without him... I got some pretty strange looks.
96. I love to wear flip flops, even in the winter.
97. Sometimes I take Jackson to the Mother's lounge in church just to skip out on class and to chat with the ladies.
98. My favorite place to drive in the fall is Sardine Canyon. That is between Brigham City and Logan up in Northern Utah. When I drive through there during the peak color change I feel like I am driving through an art canvas.
99. I hate ironing.. I always let Gary's shirts pile up and when I get a $.99 coupon in the mail for the dry cleaners I take them there.
100. When I was little my sister and I sang the song "Tomorrow" to a big crowd of people while we waited in line for the Washington Monument in Washington DC.
**Okay, so it's a little more than 100.. Sorry.
101. I look forward to getting the mail everyday. I always hope that there's a check in there from Publishers Clearing House.
102. The only thing I have ever won on the radio were movie passes to the movie "That Thing You Do".
103. When I put laundry away I throw all the blankets off the bed because I want a clean, flat surface to sort and fold the laundry.
104. I don't have a cell phone.
105. I like my bananas barely ripe. I like it when they are still barely green and the fruit itself is pretty firm and hard. If it's too soft I won't eat it.
106. I consider myself to be a nice caring person.
107. I love my kids so much and love to see them laugh and look at each other.
Okay, that's it!!! I hope you have learned something new about me. Have a great day.
14 comments:
Jenn, I just have to say that it has been a long time since we have seen each other face to face and I didn't really get to know you super well in Logan but I think you have to be one of the greatest people. I loved reading this. I think you are so genuinely nice and I wish we lived closer so we could be really good friends. I hope that didn't sound creepy. I just think you would be fun to be around. At least I get to read your blog and smile!
Ok, that was REALLY fun to read!
I feel good about myself as your friend since I found that most things on your list I, A) already knew, B) was not surprised to learn, and C) only a few things were surprising. :) I sometimes feel like a bad friend when people I love do these things, and I am shocked at most of what they write, did I even know who they are?
Anyway, this motivated me, I want to do a list, but I might have to either start it on a word doc and take a week to do it, or split it into 2 posts of 50 things. :) It was just SO fun to read this! I love you dear! ;) *sigh* I'm so glad we are friends. :) You rock!
LOL! I'm totally with you on the toilet paper thing! Will always puts it on backwards! It's fun learning new things about each other isn't it?! It's the quirky and insignificant things that we know (and love) about each other that really make us close. Here's to friends that love us even though we get way too excited over toilet bowl cleaners!! ;P Love you!
What a great list! I definately learned alot about you that I didn't know. I really like that you were able to keep going after a 100. You are such a neat person Jen!
That was fun to read! A lot of the things you said remind me of Dave.
I'm so glad you did this! Your list is great! I loved reading it and finding out more about you. I think you have such a fun personality and I am so excited to get to know you better. Sitting next to you at the sewing machines last week was fun! I'm glad I got to talk to you. I love that you have shoes from 1995. I still have a couple of shirts... I only wear them to bed, but I've had them for like 19 years. And I have a Dyson, too. Love it! And I didn't know you that you sing, I'm so impressed (and jealous!).
A little interested in your full ride vocal scholarship-- and lack of interest in related coursework. Have a son considering this path. Placed 5th in state for tenor last year
Good job, Jen... Sorry, I did cry at a couple of things.
Love you
Okay.... Who's St. Eve???
wow...lots of things to learn about you in one sitting. InTeReStInG!!! C-ya next week!
I wish you would have done an individual post for each "1" because I could've commented on at least 25 or 30 of them!! Lots of good memories (and bad ones...the deer in park city!!)!! What a great time we had growing up together. I couldnt've asked for a better sister to have by my side in BTown!!
Wow, I love the list. What fun little facts to learn about you. And thank heavens you're still around after the near drowning and the car accident. You must have important business, afterall you are a pretty awesome gal!
That was interesting and fun reading. I smiled a lot while I was reading your list. Some of the things I like to do are because you got me started doing them, and I'm glad. I even learned some things about you that I didn't know before. You're wonderful.
What a list! We have more in common than I knew. I agree...it is too bad we didn't get to know each other better in Logan. I also started out as a music major at USU on a scholarship but couldn't hack it. I HATED aural skills. I rehearse my audition song for American Idol in the car every time it's on TV. It's my secret ambition to be the next American Idol. If you try out, I'll totally vote for you and I never call in, but I'd make an exception. I throw all the blankets off th bed for laundry. I had no idea anyone else did that. I sung the national anthem at an Angels game. I cut my foot on coral in Hawaii. I can't sleep with my back to the outside of the bed...for different reasons...I hate waking up facing morning breath. Any way...I'd say ditto for me on like half of your list. Weird.
BTW - Do you remember Tammy (Castleton) Mumford? She is now a world famous opera singer. Seriously. She travels the world singing opera. She lives in New York and works at the Met. She spends her summers in Italy. She is on her way to England next month for some opera she signed a contract for like two years ago. Unreal huh?
Post a Comment