
So Madi went to the Dentist for her first check-up about a year ago and it was awful!! She cried and cried and really didn't want to be there.. Well, the other day we stopped in to the Dentist's office after Madi's 4 year check-up at the doctor's (the offices are in the same building). I wanted to see how Madi would act. We went back and she sat in the chair for a minute while they moved her up and down in the chair. We decided to give it another try. I scheduled an appt. for Madi and me for today. I was a bit nervous to see how Madi would do. Thankfully they were playing the movie Cars so she could watch it while they worked on her. Madi did SO good!! I was so happy/relieved. She got up in the chair and immediately opened her mouth, wide!! She let them clean, floss and even put fluoride on her teeth. I realize that to some this is just everyday stuff for their kids, but what a relief that Madi did so well.. Good job Madi. She is officially a member of the Toothy Tooth Club for having no cavities. The office loaded her up with princess tooth brushes and some toys, I don't think we will have a problem getting her to go back. I managed to leave the place without any cavities too! Have a great night.
5 comments:
You are right! It may be an every day thing for some but getting your kid to go to the dentist AND be good can be difficult to downright impossible! I remember going to the dentist at an early age because I had bad teeth and how much I hated it. I also remember my mom having to deal with my other siblings on their first visits and how difficult and stressful it was on every body.I'm so glad that Madi did so well. Isn't it a relief when you reach those milestones and pass them by with out any problems? High fives to both you and Madi!
Good for you Jen! YAY for Madi!
I have two cavities I have to get filled on Thurs. How do you not have any??? Not fair. That's cool about Madi, My kids have yet to meet our dentist. I know, I'm a bad (lazy) mommy. Don't tell anyone!
Hey Jen. This is Mary (works with Gary at JUB) He forwarded me a child drowning email from you and noticed your blog... hope you don't mind. ;) Congrats about the dentist! Eli likes it mostly for the movies they have playing in the ceiling. But he is still talking about brushing his teeth so that the cavity bugs won't eat them. Congrats to you too for no cavities! Oh and my blog is maryportersblog (dot) blogspot (dot) com Nothing special on it, just wanted to share. Don't want you think I'm stalking your blog. LOL!
Go Madi! And as for the Office, I am also so excited I can hardly stand it. I look forward to every Thursday night. Dwight, Jim, Pam, Michael--really, does TV get better than this!
Post a Comment