Gary started some charcoal so we could roast some marshmallows!!


Madi was absolutely GIDDY when we got the tent up! She went up to her room and got her favorite pillow and blanket. She used one of our sleeping bags too! She actually got a little hot during the night and ended up just using her blanket.


Jackson did great. We brought the pack-n-play out for him to sleep in. Madi was really excited so she had a hard time going to sleep. I was happy to see that Jackson was able to fall asleep with Madi talking and making noise. Jackson still wakes up around 5:00am for a bottle so when that time arrived Jackson and I went inside for the rest of the night. He did really well until then!!

I'm not sure if I'm ready to take Jackson up to the mountains for a camp out just yet. Madi found a fun flowery sleeping bag and a garage sale the other day. Maybe she can have a Daddy Daughter camp out!! We'll see I guess.
2 comments:
Man Jackson is getting big! I think that will solve our camping issue for this weekend, (we didn't plan ahead and EVERY camping place around here is PACKED). We will set up the tent in our yard. Brilliant Gary! I never would have thought of it, the kids will have a blast!
That was a great idea to have your first camping trip close to home!! Looks like everyone enjoyed it. What fun things your family does together!
Post a Comment