I headed up to Bountiful today to a friends baby shower. It was great to see them again along with some other friends from high school. I slipped up to my parents house to say hello for a few minutes, but had to hurry out to SLC to Gary's parent's house. After their fishing trip they wanted to go to dinner. Being pregnant really has it's perks... I always get to choose where to go when we go out. I chose IHOP because there is a pretty good variety to choose from. Everything was great.
When we got home Madi wanted to take a bath. After her bath I thought I would try the pink curlers again. I tried them a couple months ago and Madi didn't go for them. They were out of her hair pretty fast. I remember always wearing those things to bed on Saturday nights. I always hated them because they were uncomfortable to sleep in. We will see how many are left in Madi's hair in the morning. She will look cute at church with her curly hair.

Last night the YM and YW in our ward put on a dinner and auction to help raise money for their programs. We had a GREAT turn out. Gary is one of the counselors in the YM (he is also the Scout Master) and he seemed excited with the turn out. We had our ward members donate different items. Gary put up for auction some fly fishing poles and I made a quilt. We were both very surprised, yet pleased with how our donations turned out. Gary's poles went for around $400 and my quilt for $115. It's nice to know that all that work wasn't for nothing. There was a lot of fun things to bid on. There was anything from babysitting & piano lessons to plasma TV's & hot tubs. There was a huge price range, something for everybody! We have great YM and YW in our ward, they deserve it. The YM & YW are going on a rafting trip this summer. This auction raised enough for the trip with some to spare.. We have a very supportive ward. We are happy to have such a great ward.
Well, that's what we have been up to the past couple days! I think I am starting to feel a little better as far as my pregnancy and my sickness goes (knock on wood). Some days are better than others, but hopefully I will start having more better days than bad! Wish me luck. We hope you're all doing well. Have a great evening.
FYI(Sunday afternoon): Madi did leave her curlers in ALL night! She looked so cute at church. Sorry, I didn't get a picture.. Next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment