Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm A Scout Widow....

Well, this week Gary has gone to Scout Camp down in Southern Utah. They were going on a river trip down by Moab. He left Monday and gets back Thursday night. Madi and I have tried to keep busy while Gary is gone. I have done some painting in the babies room and yesterday Madi and I made some strawberry syrup. Gary's mom made this for the family when Gary was younger and he LOVES it!! I must say, it is a pretty good and easy recipe. I thought I would make Gary happy and make a couple batches of it for him. Madi really wanted to help me cut the tops off the strawberries. At first she started with one of her VERY dull Winnie The Pooh knives. Well, she quickly learned that the knife wasn't working very well. We then moved to butter knife. Same story, she didn't like it. She wanted a sharp knife like Mommy.. I caved and let her use the same knife I was using. After many "be careful's" and "Watch your fingers" we finished cleaning the berries. Madi loves helping us in the kitchen whenever she can. While she was helping me it reminded me of when my Mom would make strawberry jam when I was young, good memories. Well, here are some pictures of Madi helping me.





After making the syrup Madi and I headed up to Gary's parent's house for a BBQ. Gary's sister, Cheryl is in town so we thought it would be fun to see them and play with cousins. Bryce, Lisha, Kayla, and Wayne and Diane were there too. Madi is always excited to see "Byce, Isha, and Makayla". We had some great burgers, hot dogs, and we even had some bear meat available for the daring (I didn't try it). The men did their manly thing and cut down a tree in the backyard while the ladies relaxed and talked. Madi had a lot of fun playing with Jill, Morgan, and Aimee. We also got to meet the newest member of their family, Hudson. He is a very handsome boy! He never cried either. Hopefully we'll have it that easy with our son. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Well, I hope you all have a great week!! Madi and I will continue to count the days until Daddy comes home.

3 comments:

Lisha said...

Madi is such a cutie and also it looks like she is a good helper too! You are such a good Mom Jenn, to include Madison in all the things you do. It was great seeing you guys yesterday.
Lisha

Dave Anderson said...

Send Amy that recipe please!!!

Tara said...

Oh, she looks SO grown up! I love this age! You are a good mom, great way to teach in the kitchen!

Blog Archive