
It is so beautiful there. There are good sized fish to see and feed. There are also a TON of seagulls there to feed too. This picture is of all the kids (and some adults) looking under the bridge to see the fish. They didn't want to come out from under the bridge so we had to look harder to see them..

Whenever we go to Yellowstone we go to Big Springs. It was fun to take my family there to see it. We went on a nice little walk around the lake. Here is a picture of some of the kids while we were on our walk... Madi wasn't really into the whole picture thing right then...
After Big Springs we headed back for dinner. After dinner the kids wanted to go "swimming" in the hot tub. Madi had a lot of fun playing with her cousins and her Uncle David when they got in the hot tub.
On Monday we packed our coolers and the kids and headed for Yellowstone. Our first stop was Old Faithful! We see that every time we go, but it's still fun to see it year after year.
This is a cute picture Madi took of Gary and me while we were at Old Faithful.. Just thought I would post it.
After Old Faithful we wanted the kids to take a good long nap so we headed to the opposite end of the park to Mammoth Hot Springs. Well, our plan worked... Madi took a nap.
On our way to Mammoth we saw some buffalo. Normally I wouldn't really care about buffalo, but this time the HUGE animal was walking down the road, thankfully in the other direction so we could continue on our way.. I don't think I had seen one that up close before..
We walked the little path through Mammoth and headed for the yummy ice cream shop there in Mammoth. After Mammoth we headed for Lamar Valley. For Gary and me, Lamar Valley IS Yellowstone Natl. Park. That is our favorite part of the park. On the way there, we found a ton of people stopped at the turn off for Slough Creek. We stopped to see what they were looking at. They were waiting for the wolves to come out. At that point most of the kids were ready to head back. Everyone left, but Dad and Bryan stayed to see the wolves, and Gary, Madi, my brother David, my brother Eric and his family, and I continued on to Lamar Valley. Right when we were getting in the car we saw a coyote cross the street. It was very tame so I'm thinking it was used to all the people.
When we got to Lamar Valley Gary and Eric had a chance to catch some fish, but we didn't stay long. Madi was ready to head back too. We stopped to see if the wolves has showed up yet and they hadn't, but a bear had. We were able to see a bear up eating some dinner. I love seeing bears as long as they are far away.
Tuesday was nice. All of the men and some kids went horseback riding. Gary didn't want to go.. He headed back into Yellowstone to catch some fish up in Lamar Valley. I was glad he was able to go and get some fishing in. He had a lot of luck and hooked a lot of good sized fish. I didn't want to go with him b/c I knew Madi and I would hold him up. I wanted him to just go and have fun. Here are some pictures of some of the fish he got.
Wednesday was fun too. We went in to West Yellowstone to walk around and do some shopping. It was a little too hot for me, but we had fun checking out all the shops. We went to the Madison River Outfitters to get Gary a T-shirt. Madi was named after the Madison River up there in Yellowstone so we tried to find shirt for her too, but all the shirts her size were a little too cheesy for my taste. Maybe next year she'll fit into the cute t-shirts.
After our shopping we went rafting down Henry's Fork River. There weren't any rapids so I decided it would be safe for me to go while I was pregnant.. The river was really shallow so Gary had to pull us part of the way, THANKS GARY!!! After awhile it was pretty deep the rest of the way. It was a pretty warm day so some of us jumped in to cool off.. That felt SOO good. We saw some fun wildlife while we floated down the river. When we reached the point where we got out I was ready to get home. I was so tired. Again, we went home and had some dinner and the kids went swimming in the hot tub. I did some laundry and packed some of our stuff since we were leaving the next day.
Thursday we finished packing the cars and headed out. It was a LONG drive home.. I decided that I am not going on anymore road trips while I am pregnant. It was a great trip though and we had a lot of fun. Gary, Madi, and I always jump at the chance to head up to Yellowstone. Thanks Mom and Dad for all the planning and hard work you put into this! It was great.
Last, but not least, while driving home our car turned over to 200,000 miles!!!! Yikes!
It still runs well, lets just hope it continues to run well right??!!!
Hopefully I will get some of the pictues others on the trip took.. When I get more pictures I will post more. Have a great day!
1 comment:
That looks like such a fun trip!!! You look so cute with your "bump", I think my two favorites are of Madi in front of Old Faithful and her asleep in the car, she looks so beautiful and grown-up. You and Gary look great, getting ready for your little angel monkey boy! (I think all boys are that in some way) love you guys!
Post a Comment