Monday, March 3, 2008

He Can Roll!!...

So today Jackson decided to get up and STAY up at 6:30 (mind you, that's 5:30 Utah time...). He was very cranky so I finally put him back down around 8:00. He was doing his little squeaks and very high pitched whines... I just ignored him because I knew he was very tired and would eventually fall asleep... Well, Brooke, my niece that lives in Houston looked at me funny and said, "is that Jackson?" I walked over to our room and as I got closer he was majorly crying.. I opened the door and he was face down on the FLOOR!!! I felt so bad. I have been letting him nap on the bed because I can check on him easier without having to walk to the other side of the room. I guess he won't be sleeping on the bed anymore. I am guessing he can roll or scoot, one of the two.. After I got him to quiet down he was out cold asleep in my arms. I know you're not supposed to let your child sleep after they have a fall, but I knew he was really tired. So I let him sleep and I checked on him every few minutes. When he woke up I picked him up and there was a big round wet spot where his head was. I freaked! I had never noticed a wet spot under his before. Gary though it was sweat, I did too, but I was still nervous. I called his Dr. and they said to just watch him. I hate that phrase, "just watch him". Meanwhile I am paranoid and nervous. I guess I'll just keep watching him.... I will post another blog when we get home. We have been having a wonderful time here in Houston. We went to Sea World on Saturday and that was great. We are a little nervous though.... We can't find our camera.. We are hoping it's at Cheryl's house. We shall see I guess. Talk to you all later.

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

Both of my older two have fallen off the bed at a very young age. Reid has done it multiple times...I'm apparently a neglectful parent....no permanent damage done. And my baby frequently wakes up with a wet spot by his head...he's a drooler. Teething or even a runny nose can cause extra drooling.

I hope all is well.

everyday katie said...

By the way...I hope you're enjoying the warmth of Texas. Gotta love it!

Tara said...

Poor little guy! I hope it's just drool or something like that. Josh has permantent bumps on his head from all his falls and hits, I don't think it's a big deal unless it's from really high or it's on tile. Eddie has a record now as well. But you are smart to call the doctor, cause you never know. I hope everything turns out to be fine and this is not something he will make a habit of. :) Also, don't feel bad, babies falling off the bed happens to EVERY parent at some time, for some, multiple times. (like me) Travel safe!

Dave Anderson said...

I'm sure he's as tough as Gary and will be just fine!!! :) Have fun in Houston!!! And go buy a disposable camera so we can see pictures from your trip!! Miss and love you!!! -Dave

Blog Archive