When we got home Jackson kept going to the front door and reaching for the knob to get out. I would rather he played in the backyard so we put his shoes on and a jacket and sent him and Madi out back to play while Gary and I got dinner ready. I pushed him in his swing for a few minutes and then ran in to check on dinner. When I looked out to check on them this is what I saw.. It brought a smile to my face. Madi and Jackson manage to fight and tease each other (mostly Jackson...), but I was so happy when I saw them playing like this. Madi, you really are such a great sister and you're so patient with Jackson. Thanks for being a helpful daughter and a good big sister and pushing Jackson in his swing. I know to you it might not be a big deal, but to see the kids playing and Madi helping Jackson made all the late nights and sickness worth it. I will have this sweet image burned into mind forever! Love you Madi and Jackson!
Jackson loves his swing and Madi is trying to figure out those monkey bars.. Maybe this will be the year Madi!! Keep trying!
3 comments:
That is such a sweet story Jen! I know it's hard sometimes, to remeber that they really to adore each other when they fight and tease most of the time. (at least that's how Jade and Josh are), but the moments like this, when without being asked specifically, they play with and help each other, it just makes everything feel worth it. I hope you feel better soon!
*I think I'm going to cut back on the pre-K classes, since no one is signing up for them. Everyone seems to want to do clay or jewelry in the afternoons and evenings, so I'm going to tweak my calendar. I'll let you know what I figure out.
Seems you have the same thing going on that we do - kids that are the worst of enemies and the best of friends. Good thing we see times like this to reassure us that they do actually love each other! I'm sorry that everyone's been sick, sounds like it's hitting everyone this year. Hope you all feel better soon!
sweeeet! i LOVE seeing my kiddies show affection to each other.. i seriously cry! great post!
Post a Comment