Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Nice Little Outing...


Today was "one of those days" for me. I was so edgy and very easily irritated. I wanted to get out of the house and just relax. I thought about going to the Dino. Museum and Thanksgiving Point, but didn't want to spend the money.. I thought about swimming at the Legacy Center, but it's kind of hard with two kids and one adult. I decided to take the kids down to Willow Park for a walk around the Jordan River. Awwww, it was so nice.. Granted it was cold, but it was nice to just walk around and let nature wear my kids out!! I think we'll be doing a lot more of these little walks in the coming weeks. You should try it.. It's really not that cold, just bundle everyone up and you'll love it!! I know it made me feel better.

7 comments:

Ginny said...

ahhh...i'll have to try that one soon...glad it helped your edginess!! plus, you got at least one cute shot!

Juannaelmi said...

I know on days when we walk outside it seems to help with all of our moods here.

Dave Anderson said...

Jen, I do the same thing. If the boys are being really grumpy, and are beginning to drive me insane, I'll just throw them in the stroller and go for a walk around the neighborhood. We have a nature trail by our house that I take them to. Within a few minutes of being on that trail, I find that not only have the boys calmed down, but I definitely have too.

-Dave

Cami said...

What a great idea. We've been cooped up for so long, I think the kids would love it. Where exactly did you go? I'm not sure I know where Willow Park is. Hmmm. Cute picture too, and YES, you earned money! Go do something with it! :)

Anne Marie said...

What a great picture! I know what you mean, I feel like this sunshine is wasted when we are all cooped up indoors. Great idea!

mom said...

I love the activities you do with your family. Your children are making great memories, and they'll probably do the same things with their children someday. You're wonderful!

Mary said...

I agree! It has been so nice out lately it makes me very excited for spring.
If you ever do decide to go the Dinosaur museum, let me know. We've never been and it would be fun to see you and your kids again - especially since they're all so close in age. :)

Blog Archive