Today started as a good day, but by late afternoon I was DONE!!! I was short tempered and really just wanted to go to bed and it was only 6:00.... I looked at a friends blog and read this.. It brought things into perspective for me.. I thought I would share..
Sometimes the pattern of life seems a little monotonous--and discouraging. It is like climbing a mountain and, after reaching the top, getting knocked back down to the bottom to climb it again; but I guess the fun is in the climbing and not the arriving. I hope so!
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Have a great night... I'm going to bed!!!
4 comments:
Good one Jen, sometimes I keep thinking the "ariving" will make everything worth it, when really, I just need to appreciate that I am even able to climb!
I think we've all been there at one point or another. At least you were able to put things into perspective.
I love Sister Hinckley's remarks! We all need to remember that. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you have been busy this Halloween with lots of fun activities. Your family is wonderful!
I've been climbing a mtn. of laundry over here! That's definitely one that I've got to climb over and over...and over.
Joking aside, that's a great quote. Sis. Hinckley has some of my favorites. How about this one:
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and I really lived."
Post a Comment