Okay, now I understand that children sit up eventually and that it's just something that happens, but I am especially happy for this accomplishment because now I can take Jackson to the store.. Yes, I can go at night when Gary gets home, but it's so nice to get it done during the day so I can relax at night after he is home. Jackson outgrew his little infant car seat a couple months ago because he is too tall. I quickly found that making a quick and easy trip to the store wasn't so quick and easy anymore. I couldn't just put his little infant carrier up on the cart and go. Our trips to the store usually consist of him laying in the front part of the cart on a blanket for about 10 minutes until he decides he wants to be held. Have you ever tried to hold a wobbly baby and push a heavy cart?? Yes, you probably have, so you know where I'm coming from. Well, today I had to make a "quick & easy" trip to Costco... I decided to try my luck and see if he would sit up in the cart, he was sitting up a little last night so I thought it was worth a try. We had to use that little strap thing that holds him up a bit, but he sat up for the most part! I was so thrilled that my trip to Costco was QUICK AND EASY!!! Yes, at times he fell sideways, but as a whole we managed alright. Today I am definately excited about the simple things in life.
Another milestone Jackson is achieving right now is getting teeth.. OUCH!!! Teething didn't phase Madi at all. I didn't even know she was teething until after she got her first tooth. Well, I definately know Jackson is getting some teeth. We really need to buy up some stock in Children's Motrin, Children's Tylenol and Baby Oragel.. We sure are using a lot of the stuff. The teeth he's cutting are his front bottom ones. I'm excited to see how our little guy looks with pearly whites!!
Well, there's a little update on Jackson! Hope you're all doing great! Talk to you later.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(166)
-
▼
March
(17)
- Reality Check...
- Easter Weekend.
- Happy Easter Everyone!
- "I Love Being A Girl"
- Yummy Recipe From Last Night!
- He's Six Months Already!
- Happy Birthday Coleman!
- Jackson Going Down The Slide For The First Time!!
- Jackson Loves His New Jumper!!
- Hooray, He Can Sit-Up!!
- Feeding The Dolphins With Connor!
- Feeding The Birds!!! So Great!
- Madi Playing At The Beach!!
- Check out my Slide Show!
- Houston Trip!
- We Found The Camera!
- He Can Roll!!...
-
▼
March
(17)
6 comments:
You might want to try Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are the only thing that worked for both Nate and Ella. You can get them pretty much everywhere.
Oh, and congrats on the sitting up. It is a terrific stage. I wish Ella would just figure out how to get to sitting herself.
Oh, how fun, I can't believe he is sitting up already! I was at Costco today, too! Thankfully Abby is a little shrimp (unlike her brothers) and still fits in her carrier so trips to the store are still feasible (as long as it's just the two of us). Teething... ah, I'm not looking forward to that again. And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! That was so nice of you! :)
Gray learned to sit this week, too. Too tall for his carrier all ready? Holy cow. Mine is a chubster, but not even close to being too tall for his carrier yet. My other two outgrew it quickly, but Gray's a shrimp. No teeth yet for mine, either. Good luck with that.
Yay for sitting up! It IS a blessing when you can strap them into the cart at the store. I remember Kayla was a beast when it came to grocery shopping. I always had a hard time getting her to sit in the cart. Many times I took the backpack and stuck her in that just so I could keep my hands free. So I definately can relate!
Teething is such a hard stage for everyone! Poor little guy! Glad to hear he is doing well and reaching all those milestones!
Love you guys!
Watch out world! Mobil Jackson is coming up next! :)
Post a Comment