Friday, March 21, 2008

Yummy Recipe From Last Night!

Hey, last night was our Relief Society Birthday dinner and I helped make one of the dishes.. It's called Angel Chicken and it was sooo good. Some of my friends have asked for the recipe so here it is. You may have already heard of it, but I hadn't and I really liked it, and it's EASY!!!

Melt 1/4 cup butter with 1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing.

Add:
4 0z. onion/chive cream cheese OR just plain cream cheese (I used regular)
1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup (I used chicken)
1/2 cup water

stir until smooth

Lay chicken breast in bottom of crock pot. Pour sauce over the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over rice.

So YUMMY!!! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I just tried this recipe last week from a friend in Texas. I agree - very yummy. I did it with the chive and onion cream cheese. I have another crock pot chicken recipe if you're interested.
...sorry hope you don't mind me posting to your blog again.

Anne Marie said...

Yay, thank you for posting this. I was trying to remember what you told me last night but I know I would have got it wrong. Thanks, it was so yummy!

Tara said...

I first tried this at an RS activity in Japan, it was SO good!, they used chicken tenders so it didn't take as long to cook, and they did it a bit differently.

They added the butter (without melting it) to the chicken and sprinkled the seasoning over it. and cooked it like that first. Then, at the end, mix the cream of mushroom and cream cheese together, and mix it in with the cooked chicken. The chicken will fall apart as you mix and then put it over rice. I was told that if you mix the cream cheese in at the end, it will be "creamier" and will not break down in the heat like some milk products do. I have never tried it any other way, so you will have to let me know.

You have to soften the cream cheese in the microwave a little before mixing it with the cream of mushroom. I have also added dried onions and garlic to the chicken while it's cooking, adds a little more flavor. Let me know if you try it the other way.

Blog Archive