Gary parents came down this morning and we got the garden tilled and leveled. Madi had fun helping Dad level the garden...


After we did that Gary and I decided it was high time to clean out the garage.. We had some canned foods that really needed to be put away and just "stuff" all over the garage that was making a mess!! I was so happy to get that cleaned out. While we cleaned the garage Madi played with some of the neighbor kids and jumped on their trampoline, ran all over the place, and finally they all took a rest on the porch swing..

After Madi came in we had some dinner and then we decided we all deserved some Maggie Moo's Ice Cream!! We went up there and got a great treat. If you haven't had the red velvet ice cream from them you have to try it!!! Have them mix in a brownie, it is quite a treat.. After our ice cream trip we made a stop at Best Buy to price something that can mount his GPS thing in the car.. I found a gift card in my wallet to Best Buy so we FINALLY bought the movie Enchanted for Madi. She has been asking for it ever since she watched it at Grandma and Grandpa Myers a couple weeks ago. I told Madi that if she wanted it she would have to give me some of her money out of her piggy bank she just made.. She painted it, put the glitter on, and put the stickers on for the most part all by herself!! She was very excited to have her own piggy bank.

She agreed and she got the movie.. I was actually very happy to get the movie for her, it's a really fun show and I will enjoy watching it with her.
When we got home from our errands Madi had to take a bath since she got all of her blue ice cream in her hair.. I didn't really notice until then that she had acquired a nice little sunburn while she was out today! I guess it's time to break out the sunblock for the year!! What the picture doesn't show is the major farmer tan she will have in a couple days. Her arms are bright red and her shoulder is white... I guess she won't be wearing her Easter dress to church tomorrow (the polka dot dress from the earlier posting..). We will have to wait a couple weeks.
Well, there is our day in a nutshell!! We are all so happy that Spring is finally here, and hopefully to stay (knock on wood...). Have a great evening.
4 comments:
I KNOW! Doesn't that feel SOOOOOO GOOD!?! I died when I went to a local nursery after Joshua's soccer game on Sat, I want a garden SOOOO bad!!! I bought some herbs, but was told not to plant for another week or so, I kind of jumped the gun. BUT I just can't help it! Spring is here and want things to GROW! I bet if felt SO good to be outside and working the yard! I didn't notice until later that night, that Eddie had the same "rosie" face that Madi has. Yep, time for sunscreen! YAY!
Sounds like a fun day! Don't you love that the kids can enjoy the great outdoors now! Oh, and Maddy's sunburn? Like mother like daughter! I bet you're sporting a lovely farmer tan too!
Madi has so much fun with her dad! It looks like they're having a great time outside in the sunshine. And what a cute piggy bank Madi made; I'll bet she loves putting her pennies in. You're all so awesome.
I can not believe how much you got done it one day. Spencer and I are seriously lazy. After the garden we would have called it quits for the day.
Plus, check out those neighborhood kids. That's fantastic to have such a huge group to play with.
Post a Comment