So, I have found myself using this phrase "Awww Man" quite a bit the past week or so.. It all started Tuesday (a week and a half ago). I did some dry pack canning at my friend Jenn's house. It took ALL day, but it was good to have it done. We packed rice, flour, oats, and sugar. I kept trying to put Jackson down at our house for a nap and would have my friend Lisha listen for him on her monitor across the street. Well, three times I tried, but each time my phone would ring and it would say "Lisha"... I kept thinking "Awww man, just sleep Jackson, I really need to get this done." Obviously I kept going home and finally brought him back to Jenn's with me.. After we were all done I was WASTED... I couldn't figure out why I was so tired. I didn't think canning could take that much out of a person. Well, later that night Madi and I came down with some nasty colds. Jackson had a cold the week before so I guess we were bound to get it, but I had hoped it would skip us. That week before, Jackson, along with his cold, got his first ear infection.. Usually Jackson eats sooo well and when it came to an abrupt stop I knew something was up. So I took him in and got him on some antibiotics. Well, back to this week and our colds.. We didn't leave the house hardly at all. Talk about cabin fever. I started feeling the way you feel when you're in the hospital having a baby and after two days stuck in that teeny tiny room you just want out into the real world. I kept waking up every morning still feeling crappy and thinking "awwww man"..
Well, then Saturday night rolled around. Jackson, I kid you not, woke up EVERY hour during the night. He was finally on a pretty good schedule at night so I knew something was up. Each time he made a peep and I heard him over the monitor... Awww man.... To make things worse I was taking some nighttime cold medicine so it was hard to get out of bed. I felt so bad for Jackson when I went into his room.. He would be laying there kicking his legs and his eyes really wide and just screaming. I didn't think it could have been the ear infection because he was on those antibiotics so I just sat there brain storming trying to figure out what it was.. Sunday afternoon I called the Dr. office to talk to a nurse.. We decided that he was probably teething so I treated him for that. I thought that Sunday night would be a lot better since I could finally treat him. Okay, Sunday night was worse than the night before.. He was up every hour, but in the middle of the night he stayed awake for about two hours.. I gave him meds and I even thought he might be backed up so I went to get some baby stool softener at 2 AM. Okay, that wasn't it either.. It was so awful. I could not console him. I would try to hold him close and cradle him, but he would arch his little back and just scream.. So first thing Monday morning I made a Dr. appt. Turns out his body does not respond to Amoxicillin, the antibiotic he was taking. I guess he was arching his back because when I would hold him close his ear would be pressed against my arm and it hurt him. I got new meds and got some ear drops that would deaden his ear for the pain. Each day he has been getting better and better. Finally today at breakfast he ate without crying after every bite (I guess it hurts to swallow b/c it puts a lot of pressure behind their ears). Finally, my boy was back to laughing and being himself after two LONG weeks. I'm relieved for him too.. That must have been extremely painful for him. Madi and I are slowly getting better. We are both still coughing after 1 1/2 weeks. The other day we took Madi to the Dr. because she was having major coughing attacks and it was really wet so I wanted to be sure it wasn't pneumonia or something like that Well, the Dr. said it could be that, but she wanted to try some other things first. The problem with Madi is that when she gets a cough her lungs get really inflamed and we then have to put her on an steroid inhaler to help bring the inflammation down.. She hates that stuff b/c it tastes really bad. They also did a Nebulizer on her and that helped a little too. I have figured that Madi was still coughing a lot at night because she has been sooo tired the past couple days. I didn't really think anything of it, I just thought she was tired so she took it really easy. Yesterday I had to run out to Eagle Mountain to pick some stuff up. Madi said she was too tired to go and I pretty much said to buck up and get in the car. I told her to bring her special blanket and she was asleep in no time, for a few minutes anyways.. I got my stuff and on the way back I told Madi to put the blanket up by her head and rest on the window. She did so and then started to cough again... It was a really really wet cough and I asked, "Madi, did you just throw up??" Just then she lost everything in her tummy.. AWWWWW MAN!!!! This was my first experience of the throw-up in the car thing. It was so sad, Madi thought she was in trouble so as she continued to throw-up I just had to keep repeating, "it's okay sweety, it's okay." Well, it was a long 20 minutes home, but I think she felt a lot better after her little mishap in the car. She has felt fine today, and like I said, Jackson is finally doing better. It was nice to say to myself this morning, "AWWWWWWWWW" as a sigh of relief instead of a AWW Man... I'm still a little sick, but I'll get over it sooner or later.
Okay, the last "Awww Man" moment I had was last night when Brook got voted off American Idol... I thought she was cute and I liked her voice. I never really thought she'd win, but I enjoyed her voice and her personality. Oh well..
So there is our last two weeks in a nutshell. That's another reason I haven't posted anything, we haven't been up to much fun lately. Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to put a lot of details in for later on down the road.. The blog is kind of a journal for me so I like to write long winded things sometimes. Sorry... Well everyone, have a great day.
7 comments:
Oh man, that is rough! Having sick kids is so hard, especially when you don't feel good yourself. I'm so glad you got Jackson's antibiotic figured out. The poor little guy! You just feel so sorry for them when they are in pain but they can't tell you what is wrong. And poor Madi. Coughing until you throw up is so awful. Kids throwing up in the car isn't much fun either! Last summer we drove to Yellowstone, and at about Ogden, Dallin started throwing up. And kept throwing up. Yeah, it was a lot of fun... Anyway, I hope you guys continue to get better! Call me if you need anything. Even just a gallon of milk or something. I would love to help!
Awwww man!! Sorry you guys had such a bad week. I'm glad that you are all starting to feel better. Hopefully this week will be better and you'll be able to get out of the house!
Amy
Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch lately! Poor little kids! There is nothing worse than not knowing what's wrong with your kids. You are such a patient Mom Jen! I'm glad to hear that things are starting to look up for you. Take care!
Lisha
I'm glad things are getting better. It is so sad to see little angels sick and down like that. I use that phrase A LOT too, Bill and the kids make fun of me. :) Thanks for the call the other day, it was great to chat with you for a little bit. :)
Awww man is one of my favorite phrases!! This was a great post about a nasty couple of weeks. Glad things are looking up a bit. Hope it continues!!!
Sounds like you watch a lot of Dora at your house....swiper no swiping....Aww man :)
You are a wonderful mom. I'm so sorry that Madi and Jackson were not feeling well, but they are blessed to have such a loving and caring mom; they have great parents. I'm so glad you're all feeling better now.
Post a Comment