Today Madi, Jackson and I went to Kristen's to hang out! We were outside and Madi said, "Look Mom, a spider!" Kristen and I didn't think anything of it, but then when I turned around and looked there was this HUGE tarantula!!! Seriously, I it was 3-4 inches long/wide. It was just as hairy as I would have imagined! Kristen and I freaked! Kristen went inside to get a jar so Clay could see it when he got home. It's a dang good thing I have a zoom on my camera because I wasn't about to get close to that thing! Even tonight when I just look at the picture I get so grossed out!!

Kristen was able to catch it for Clay to see tonight.. They caught one last year too about this time... I don't think Kristen wants this to turn into a yearly "event", but it looks like it just might. Have a good night.
6 comments:
That thing is gargantuos!! I'm impressed that Kristen trapped it!! I'm not sure if I would've had the guts to get close to something that big!! I bet it made its way from Mom and Dad's basement to Kristen's yard. Ha Ha.
-Dave
Eeewwww. I hate spiders and the bigger they are the worse they are. I'm impressed Madi was so casual about the whole thing. She is one tough little kid - definitely a daddy's girl ;-)
WOW! I would have freaked too! I have NEVER seen one in the wild before. Holy cow. So cool that you got to see one and caught it too! Great pic!
Wow that's a nice surprise. Where was this? Cool picture.
please tell me Kristen does NOT live by us...???? Please! I'm freaking out right now!
hey jen! we had a good time tonight with you guys! on our way home we stopped at petsmart to buy some dinner for the spider... 4 crickets! the kids have been very concerned about it's well being so we decided to take care of it!
again, i really HATE that picture... maybe you should post a good one so your friends don't think you have such an ugly sister. just a thought! :)
Post a Comment