Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Long Awaited Call From Daddy!!


Many of you may know already, but Gary is in Canada right now goose & pheasant hunting. Madi is a major Daddy's girl so I was a little worried about how she would do this week. We were able to talk to Gary on Sunday, but last night Gary was asleep by the time I called @ 8:25... I guess when you get up at 4:00am to go hunting you get a little tired... Anyways, Madi was bummed she didn't get to talk to him last night so tonight she was so happy to talk to her Daddy. We bribed Madi that if she was good this week and didn't cry about Gary being gone we would let her go to Build-A-Bear when he gets back. That bribery has been working very well so far...
I was happy to talk to Gary too and fill him in on everything that had happened in the two days since I had talked to him last..
A: Sunday night, before I put Madi to bed, I told her that if she woke up in the morning and Jackson and I were still sleeping she should go and play computer games until I woke up.. Well, I woke up at 1:30am and heard something.. I thought it was Jackson so I got up and found Madi playing computer games!!!! I shuffled her back to bed very quickly and the next day I added a new rule to the first rule, it had to be light outside in order to play computer games...
B: Jackson is walking!! Well, not 100% of the time yet, but he is doing a really good job when he does choose to walk. I think he knows that he can get from point A to point B a lot faster if he crawls so he still crawls when he's in a hurry to get somewhere.. It's like he woke up yesterday morning and thought, "I think I'll walk today"... He's been walking many more steps than usual since yesterday morning.
C: Our sweet neighbor had a little mishap between his fingers and his table saw.. Ouch.. I won't go into the gory details, but I was able to be a mom to 5 kids for awhile yesterday instead of just two, it was actually pretty fun hanging out with the other kids, we had fun!!

I have been trying to plan things to fill my time this week so that the week would go faster. Tonight I got together with some friends to hang out and chat. We had some "FUN"due (sorry, I had to call it that..) and enjoyed each others company for the evening. I had never had fondue before so it was a fun & new thing for me to try. Thanks ladies for the fun night, I had a great time.


I have other things planned for the rest of the week too. Gary gets home late Saturday or Sunday so I still awhile of being a hunters widow. Let me know if you want to get together, I'm sure I could pencil you in.. Please, who am I kidding, PLEASE call me if you want to do anything, I would love it!

7 comments:

Dave Anderson said...

Jen,

A. Jackson is walking?!??? That's so awesome!! I keep thinking toward the day that the twins start to walk and quite frankly it scares me!!!

B. "Fun-due"??? You are almost as big a nerd as your brother, but it does look yummy!

C. I would love to get together! How about my house on Thursday at 6.

Love ya!

Amy

Tiffany said...

I hate it when the man is gone. my kids freak out if he works late one night. you're a great mom. I love Jackson's smile.

Tara said...

Hey, I'm working in my art room every chance I get for the next week, so maybe tomorrow afternoon, bring Madi over for some crafts? The boys can play. Call me!
*FYI for next time Gary leaves. The two best ideas I have that my kids LOVED when Bill would leave. Make a paper chain to mark the days he is gone. (of course, they would go overboard and color/glittter, every chain). and then we went to Build-a-Bear and had Bill record his voice to go in the bear. For each kid, there were two recordings in their bear. One was something silly he always says to them, the other was telling them how much he loves them. It was really special for the kids. Ok, call me about Thurs afternoon in you can come! :)

Cami said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! I don't know what it's like to be a hunters widow, so I can't relate in that respect, but Dani does travel for work occasionally and that is never fun to have him gone. Suddenly the house doesn't seem as safe and secure! It's weird. You are great to keep the kids entertained and have friends over. The fondu looked yummy! Love it.

Ginny said...

i could totally see my kids pulling a computer stunt like Madi. good luck with the rest of the week!!

Kristen said...

jen! how dare you have a party dipping random things in chocolate and not invite me?!?!!? i mean, come on! that's so fun that jackson's (almost) walking! how cute! i want to see him! if you're in the mood for a drive tomorrow, come on down! otherwise, i'll see ya friday! yay!

Alicia said...

I can attest that the "fun"due was definitely yummy and totally fun! Gotta love hangin' with the gals! You are such a great wife to let Gary leave for the whole week! I know you miss him even more than Madi. Come on over if you're bored. My doors always open!

Blog Archive