Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Conversation With Madi Today...



Here's something Madi and I talked about today while we were running errands together...

Madi: Mom, when Isabelle and Riley die can we get two new cats?
Jenn: Um, I don't think Daddy wants anymore cats after they die.
M: Why not?
J: I don't know, you'll have to ask him.
M: Well, Maybe when Daddy dies and we get a new man we can get two new cats from the pet store.
J: What?????!!!! What man?
M: A new man to live with us when Daddy goes to live with Jesus...

This was a little interesting to me seeing as that Gary and I have been thinking about buying more life insurance for him... Anyways..

J: Madi, when Daddy dies you'll have your own family and your own kids so you can have as many cats as you'd like. Daddy isn't going to die for a long time.
M: What do I have to do to have kids?
J: Well, you have to get married first.
M: What do I do after I get married to have kids?
J: UMMMMMMMMM...... You'll just know after you get married what you need to do to have kids.
M: (In a frustrated and almost crying voice) NO, what will I have to do to have kids??
J: Well, you just have to love each other lots and lots!
M: Oh... That means to not push and hit huh Mom?
J: Yep, we should never push or hit anyone!
M: Yeah.
J: (Handing Madi the cell phone) Madi, why don't you call Dad and see when he's gonna be home :)....

Love you Madi!

8 comments:

Sara said...

That is hilarious!! We had a good laugh...gotta love what little kids come up with. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Oh how funny! Kids are great, uh? The other day Coop was asking some similar questions and asked how he was made. Austin told him he was made out of clay!

Dave Anderson said...

That's so sweet! I love it! I love how innocent kids are!

Charity said...

What a funny conversation! If we can't get cats because of dad, let's take dad out of the picture. So silly.

Tiffany said...

Absolutly sweet as well as a little scary. Kids are awesome.

Ginny said...

I love both halves of this conversation...i love the way their minds work. and it is very clear hers is working!

Sarah Empey said...

What a hoot!

Kristen said...

ahhh hahaha! (except for the part about gary dying!?!?!?) you poor mommy! i love that girl!

Blog Archive