Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Advice!

I read this at church yesterday and thought it was worth reading...

Here's a great recipe for a New Year! Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. While you walk smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statements, "my purpose it to _______ today. I am thankful for ________". Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Try to make at least three people smile each day. Don't waste precious energy on gossip, nurturing grudges or things you cannot control. Life isn't fair - but it's still good. Don't compare yourself to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive everyone for everything. Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need. Drink lots of water. Time heals everything, but you have to have patience. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________ and today I accomplished __________. While you're at it, go ahead and record it in your journal. If you don't have on, get one. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed. If you're feeling down, start listing your blessings, you'll be smiling before you know it. The most important - Make time to pray...

Just something to think about! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

mom said...

You're right, that is definitely good advice and worth reading. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jenna said...

I wasn't there yesterday (driving home from WA) so thanks for putting this up. Great advice that I really want to make use of this year. This is THE YEAR! Time to make things the best they can be, right? That's my goal anyway.

Rochelle said...

That is excellent advice. Isn't it funny how the simplest things can seem so difficult? Well, here's to a new year:) Cheers!

Tara said...

I love this, I'm putting it on my blog. I'm telling myself the same thing, THIS is THE year! (but I'm telling myself that the reason this is going to be THE year is my attitude, cause you know life always throws curve balls at nearly every turn). So we just have to be happy and move on. Great post Jen!

Annie said...

That is awesome! It's just what I needed to hear today. thanks

Tiffany said...

That is awesome. I love all the advice. I should now actually try to do those things.

Blog Archive