Here's our campsite! Fun stuff!!
We were able to borrow our friends four wheeler again! Thanks so much Dave and Lori!
The kids loved sitting in the back, though it made the mothers a little nervous!
Here's the swing that the kids spent a lot of time on!
We decided to head up the canyon for a quick ride after dinner of Friday night.
The next morning we headed back up the mountain. The night before we didn't make it to the top and we really wanted to see the top.
Here's Max and Clay! Max looks so cute in his shades!
ATV trouble... Nothing we couldn't handle!
We made it to the top, Skyline Drive! So pretty!
After our ride in the mountains we headed back down to a family reunion for my mom's side. It was great to see some friendly faces. We also went swimming and had a lot of fun!
Some of us left the reunion early to help Gary prepare our BIG dutch oven dinner we were going to have for dinner! We had roasts, chicken, potatos, carrots, rolls, cobbler, and ice cream! Everything was so yummy Gary, thanks a lot!
Jackson was pretty good to just hang out and play or he just wandered around the campsite to check things out!
I don't know what my Dad was doing, but whatever it was the boys sure thought it was interesting!
Jackson really had a good diet while we were there!!
We had a checkers tournament! I am happy to announce that Gary won!! I love a man that can play checkers!!
While we were playing checkers the kids tried and tried to get a game of ring toss going.. That dirt was just too hard to get the game set up.
I love this picture of Grace!!
Rise and Shine!! Mmmmm, breakfast!! We had great meals while we were down there!
Jackson has such great facial expressions!
Before we left some of us went for one last ATV ride. We came across this old cabin! We thought it was cool looking. We found a really old cast iron stove inside along with a lot of dust!! If walls could talk!!
After our ride we came back to camp to clean up and head home. It started pouring down rain... It rained the night before too, though it was a lot more fun when you're tucked snug away in your tent and sleeping bag. I love listening to the rain. Thank you Mother Nature! Notice Gary's wet shirt.. It was really coming down!
On our way out of town we stopped at my Mom's cousin's house, Marlow and Loretta Peterson.. Marlow has a HUGE collection of marbles that we all looked at! It was cool seeing all those marbles! The kids got to pick some out and bring them home, they loved that! Thank you Marlow and Loretta, it was great seeing you again!
Thanks again everyone for making this such a great camping trip! We will have to do it again.
8 comments:
Looks like you guys have been having a blast doing some fun things to end off the summer. I loved all the pics - so fun to see!
I wish we could have gone!! It looks like you guys had fun!
I can't believe how tall Jackson is getting! In one of the pictures it looks like he will be catching up to Madi pretty soon!
Great pics Hubb. Thanks for posting them. I saved most of them and will probably plagerize and post a couple of them on our blog! Love you and hope to see you all soon. (B.)
Did you get a "good" picture of mom? No Anderson family outing is complete without one. :)
Wish we coulda been there, but seeing those pictures just makes me that more excited for our cruise!!!
Looks like such a fun trip! Texas is so flat and dry...it was fun to live vicariously through your pics. I still cant get over how much Madi looks like you did as a kid!
We had a great time spending time with all of you. Everyone contributed so much to the fun! I love the pictures you took; the one you took at night is beautiful. Wow, Gary, you really outdid yourself with that Dutch Oven dinner... Jennifer, your special treats were delicious! What more can we ask for!!!
It looks like you guys have had a busy and fun summer! I was so jealous reading about Gary's delicious dutch oven cooking and not being able to eat any of it!! You both are excellent cooks!
Looks like fun! I can't believe how grown up your kids look! Its been forever since I've seen you guys. Jackson is turning 2, and looks like he is already 3...
And man, it looks like we need to take you guys camping with us for the dutch oven cooking alone! Holy cow!! It sounds amazing.
Post a Comment