Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yellowstone 2009

Okay, here goes!! I have Soooo many pictures to post... Sorry, but I have to post the ones I like.. I think I took about 400 pictures and I narrowed it down to about 60.. A couple friends have been bugging me about getting this post up, sorry it took so long!

We had yet another wonderful time in Yellowstone this year! We went with Gary's parents, Gary's Sister, Cheryl and her family who live in Houston, Gary's Brother, Bryce and his family who lives in Layton, and some great friends of the family, Brett and Bailey Robison who live in Pocatello. We had so much fun with all of you! Thanks a lot! And now for ALLL the pictures.

Here's a group shot we got.. We kept forgetting to do it during the day.. Hence the nighttime shot..


Here's a picture of Madi right when we pulled into the park. She was so excited to be there. Too bad we still had a good two hour drive ahead of us. We stay up by the NE entrance..

Here's a picture of the dang elk that turned our 20 minute drive from West Yellowstone to Madison Junction into an hour drive... Errrrrr.... Oh, and while we're talking about people jamming up the road to look at animals... What are so great about buffalo??

Yay, our first bear sighting!! We saw this grizzly and a cub a couple days later. This is the only picture I got..

When we finally reached Cooke City, MT, where we were staying nobody in our group was there.. We decided to head back into the park to do some fishing.. It was such a beautiful day!
Here's Gary fishing with Jackson on his back.


Finally everyone arrived later that night. Madi was so thrilled to be with her cousins!! I love her smile! You can see how excited she was just by that smile!!

Here's Madi playing with her Cousin Aime! Madi had been looking forward to seeing Aime for months!!

Here are some pretty shots I got while we were down fishing in Lamar Valley! Lamar Valley is one of my favorite places in Yellowstone!!

Jackson is so patient to hang on Gary's back all the time!!




Jackson and me roasting some marshmallows!!

Here's Gary teaching Jackson how to warm his hands up by the fire.. It was a chilly night...

Here are some pictures of the kids in the museum at Mammoth.



After Mammoth we went to this little lake we always go to. It's so pretty a peaceful there! We go to fish and just relax!

Here's Jackson entertaining the ladies!!

Jackson and Hudson having a splashing contest...

Bryce and Makayla out fishing in the lake!!

Madi braving the cold water!!

Kayla loves those cheez-its!!

Family shot after our little hike up the mountain..

A sweet shot of Madi and Aime!! Cute girls!

If there was ever a time I couldn't find Jackson I knew exactly where to look, behind the wheel of Cheryl and Darin's RV...

Another one of my favorite places in Yellowstone, Tower Falls!! There are wild raspberries all over the place! YUM!!

Fishing under that big log is now one of my favorite places to fish. The fish in this stream aren't very big, but I managed to pull out a 11 inch fish.. Again, I know that's not a big fish, but it's good for that stream...



Here's Madi's new favorite necklace. Grandma Myers bought it for her down at the gift shop while we were up fishing.

Here's our last fishing trip of the vacation... I had never fished this part of the park, but it ended up being a great spot.. We will definately go back to that spot!!

Here's Madi helping Gary reel in about a 15 inch fish. Madi was so excited!!

Madi had a hard time getting her hands on this little guy..


What a good team!!

Jackson flashing another one of his cheezy grins!!

Madi and I hooked into our own fish!! Thanks for your help Madi..


Here's Jackson after I cut off his candy supply.. I'm such a mean mom!!!

Here's what happens when you leave Madi alone with a puddle of water and some mud... Notice she's sitting in the water...

Now she's sad because she got all wet from the waste down and the wind is picking up...

It's a good thing I had my jacket for her to wear!!

Here's a picture of Gary I like!! He loves to fly fish!

Here's Madi in front of our cabin. She loves it up here!

Madi and Kayla hangin' out after a long day of fishing!

Here's a huge thing for measuring snow.. Madi thought it was pretty cool.. Apparently they get a lot of snow there.

Here's Brett, Lisha, Bryce, and Gary. It's good to see that Lisha still loves Bryce after a week of fishing!!

Here we are leaving Yellowstone.. We were sad to leave.. When we went through the gate the Ranger told us it was supposed to snow that day and checked and it really did snow. We were sorry we missed that!!

Family Picture!! Thanks Lisha!

This is my favorite spot in Yellowstone.. This is at the very beginning of Lamar Valley. You round a corner and BAM, there it is in all it's beauty!! LOVE IT!!

We stopped at fishing bridge on our way out...

Jackson kept leaning over the side to look down. He was making us very nervous so Gary picked him up to help him.. I really like this picture.

Jackson didn't want to leave fishing bridge...

We decided to go home through Jackson Hole! I had never gone home that way so it was a nice change of scenery. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so we didn't get a great picture of the Tetons.. This is the best we got, still very pretty!!

And last, but not least.. Here's Gary and the kids in the center of town in Jackson Hole by the arch of antlers!!!

What a great time we had! Thanks again everyone for such a wonderful time! Are we doing it again next year?!?!?! Let us know and we'll be there. Love you!

2 comments:

mom said...

I love Yellowstone. What a fun place to take a vacation. Looks like you all had such a good time. The pictures tell it all. You are making many wonderful memories for your children.

Dave Anderson said...

Are you kiddin me???? Those pictures are AWESOME...Or should I say EMOSEWA!!!? You really do need to do something with your skills, Jenn!!! Maybe I'll submit some of your pictures to a magazine and have them contact you. You could make mucho dollars with your photography skills, Melinda!!

Blog Archive