Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Mom, I'm excited to meet new friends!!"

Those were Madi's words this morning while I was walking her to to her first day of Kindergarten. She was nervous last night, but she slept well and was ready to go this morning. I didn't cry... until I was walking home anyways. I was able to keep my composure in front of all the other kids and moms.

We got there and I first took Madi's picture and then had a friend take one of Madi and me. After that I noticed Jackson standing by the door smiling so apparently he wanted his picture taken too, hence the picture of him.. Then Madi ran over to play on the play ground, she's really excited that she gets a recess and gets to play on that everyday. When it was time to line up I went to get Jackson and then walked over to Madi in line. I was so happy to see her standing next to her favorite friend from Preschool, Emma!! They are in the same class together! I waited for her to walk into her classroom and that was it... I'm so excited for Madi to be in Kindergarten! She's gonna do great! I'll see you in a couple hours Madi!! Good luck!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I was just about to call you to see how things went! So happy that she was excited. She will do great and make a ton of new friends. She's just such a likable kid!

Glad you are holding up, too. I totally cried after dropping Coleman off this morning.

Juannaelmi said...

She is so cute! What exciting times!

The Hood's said...

So cute! Way to go Madi! And way to go mom.... she'll thank you later for not embarrasing her on her first day!

Rochelle said...

Good Job Jen! It's so hard to just leave them there isn't it? To simply hand them over and have faith that they are ready and you just need to take a step back. It's hard. My youngest, William, is starting Kindergarten on Tuesday. I hope I can stay composed as well as you did. Wish me luck. :)

mom said...

That brings back memories from way back. It's a new stage in her life...and yours. It can be a very emotional time, as you realize your child is starting school! You are such a good mom; she's lucky to be your daughter.

Hawks Family said...

You did great if you made it to the way home before you started crying - I teared up right there on the playground when Zach walked into the classroom! Madi looked so cute - I passed you walking on the way to school and wanted to stop and say hello, but didn't want to interrupt your last few minutes before school started. I'm so glad she was excited and hope she had a wonderful day!

Blog Archive