Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kitchen Aid Update...

Well, I took the mixer into the shop and they said they thought it was fine. I left it there for a tune up just to be safe. I have had this mixer for 8 1/2 years, since we got married.. I would have been sad if I would have broken it..

Some of you have wondered what the story was behind this... The story is this... I was making some bread last night and was mixing/kneading the dough. Gary yelled from upstairs so I ran up to see what he needed. Jackson had a MAJOR blowout in his pants so we were trying to take care of him without making a mess everywhere. While I was
up there we heard a loud noise.. Gary went to check on it and when he got in the kitchen he saw Madi standing by the mixer, which was on the floor, and there was a gash in our cupboard door. Apparently I was mixing at too high of a speed.. I looked at the owners manual today and it specifically says not to use a speed higher than 2 when mixing a heavy dough. Again, this is when reading the owner's manual first is a good thing. Not to be dramatic or anything, but it is worse and bigger than it looks, but oh well, things could be worse.




I am just thankful that it didn't land on Madi. The mixer is too heavy for her to pull down so I know she didn't cause this to happen. I can barely lift the mixer, let alone a four year old.

What happened to the bread dough you ask?? It stayed nice and secure in the bowl. This bread has been one of my best batches too!! Our ward has been into the whole wheat flour thing and grinding it fresh. So I went and ground up some fresh wheat and made some wonderful bread!! So yummy(it tastes a lot better than it looks...)!



Well, I hope you all have a great night. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

mom said...

If the bread tastes better than it looks, it must be super delicious. I think it looks great! Sorry about the cupboard door, though. I'm surely glad that Madi didn't get hurt. It's hard to be in two places at once. You're wonderful!

Blog Archive