Monday, August 25, 2008

Poor Riley....

So this is Riley... He's our 9 year old 25lb cat.. Gary gave him to me our first Christmas. He has always been such a good and pretty cat!!! Soft and beautiful fur with great color.. Well just before we left for Yellowstone I noticed that he was getting some matting on his back.. I didn't really think anything of it and just made a mental note to deal with that when we got home. Well, when we got home it was worse and when I got home from St. George it was even worse!! I called around and looked online to see what our best option was. I decided it was easier for him and me to just shave him.. Poor guy!! Hopefully his fur will grow back soon!!

10 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Cat balding...a big problem in our society! Holy fat rolls!

yostyid said...

I'm glad to see he is still roley poley, but I am sorry about the hair loss. Thanks for your posts, it would be awesome if we could be neighbors again. Those were good times.

Barlow and Lannie said...

ah, poor kitty! That is too funny. You didn't shave his face did you?
I must stop by for a look. :)

Alicia said...

On the bright side, he probably just lost like 2 or 3 pounds just like that! Easy, peasy! Hmmm, I think I may be due for a haircut...

Hubba's Thoughts said...

This comment is from Kristen, my sister... She is having blogger issues so she emailed me her comment.

"hey Jen.. sorry I can't post this on your blog but I had to tell you what Jack said about Riley's pictures! He kinda chuckled and then said in a very serious voice..."no one's going to want to play with that kitty!" LOLOL"

Love you Jack!!!!

mom said...

I'll bet Riley wonders what is going on!! He's a great cat and hopefully his fur grows back nice and soft.

Cami said...

Hi Jen! I finally got around to checking out your blog! Way cute and fun! Your poor cat.... I wonder if he even notices that it is even gone? He is still very cute, though. So funny and sad at the same time.

Cami said...

Sorry to comment again already, but I just finished looking through your yellowstone pics and it made me want to go there again! I haven't been there for decades! You all looked like you had so much fun. Plus, you are so photogenic! You look good in ALL of your pictures and your family looks so cute. I am so glad you got to go. Fun fun!

everyday katie said...

Spencer has always loved that cat of yours.

Adam and Christine said...

Well at least he is blond so maybe it won't look too bad as it starts to grow back in. Poor little guy.

Blog Archive