Our date started with taking the kids to Gary's parents who said they would watch them for us!!! Thanks a lot Dave & Gae! You're wonderful!
We headed to see a movie in SLC.. We saw Iron Man.. Pretty good show, Gary loved it. I must admit I was a little weary at first, but it was a good movie.. I'd go see it again anyways if that means anything.

We then went to Ruths.. We started our meal with some Tuna. I had never had tuna cooked this way so I was a little nervous.. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised!! It was great!! Gary and I really liked it..

We then got our salad.. It was an interesting salad, but it was good.
Obviously I didn't take this picture.. I forgot to take it before I dug into it.. I was also pretty self conscious about taking pictures in that kind of restaurant, but really, when am I going to spend this kind of $$$ again and go to this restuarant? I wanted something to show for it other than a full tummy.
.jpg)
For our main dinner we both ordered the New York steak with steak frys, Au Gratin potatoes, and broiled tomato for our sides.. It also came with some wonderful soft bread and butter.

Because it was our anniversary they offered to comp our dessert so we ordered one of those lava cakes topped with berries and it came with a small side of rich, chocolaty pudding.. We really liked our dessert!! Gary called it a "great big chocolate explosion.." Really though, how can you make a bad dessert..

Everything was good, but I think we both really psyched ourselves up for this meal (who wouldn't after 4 years...) so we were slightly disappointed. We felt a little funny just being there. It was a little too "Hoitey Toitey" for us... Does that make sense. I think I'll stick to my hamburger and frys at our local joint here in Lehi, Emmitt's. We are both so glad we went and had the experience of the restaurant. If you like steak than I recommend you go just so you can have the experience.. After tonight I think from now on if we want a good piece of meat we will just go buy a pack of Rib Eyes from Costco and call it good.. Gary is really good on the BBQ so I will leave it to him to grill me up a great steak!!
Gary and I never go out on dates so it was so nice to be together today. Again we were celebrating our anniversary and it was fun to relax and be together. Gary is such a great husband and is fun to be around. We still manage to laugh at dumb things together and enjoy each other's company. Love you Gary!! I'm lucky to have you for my husband and lucky to have you as the father of my children. You're such an amazing Dad to Jackson and Madi! I couldn't have done any better than you! Thanks for all that you do for me and our family! Happy Anniversary.
5 comments:
Wow, how fun! I've been wanting to try Ruth's Chris for a long time now. Maybe we'll have to go for our anniversary next week. That food looks really good right now...
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary, guys! Someday you'll be telling your grandkids about your crazy expensive meal at Ruth's Chris. They'll say things like, "Oh no! Here comes the steak story again!" Ha!
Seriously, nine years is awesome. You guys deserve the finer things every once in a while...
Happy anniversary, you two!!! I've never eaten at Ruth's Chris, but when I worked at Little, we used to take people there allllll the time when it first opened. We'll have to give it a shot as well. Looks really good!! Miss you guys!!! (So does Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Santa's Helper) :)
-Dave
Happy Anniversary! Thats funny that you went there. Chris and I were talking about going. (our Anniversary was Monday) but we just did Ruby River instead. The one up here in Ogden is wonderful. I think we'll have to try Ruths Chris one of these days though - just to try it. ;)
Bill went there with his last job, the company paid for everything and told them all to take desserts home to their spouses. It was the most delicious dessert ever! He said the steaks were awesome too. But yeh, those darn $$ signs on the menu, I can't get over it. So we have yet to go. One of these days...... :)
I'm glad you guys had a fabulous anniversary! Start planning for your 10th now, make it big and special! It's a major milestone, you guys are awesome!!! 9yrs whoohoo!!!
Post a Comment