Here is the tram ride we went on. It took us up 2900 feet which in the end put us at 11,000 feet!!


Here is a picture of us at the top with the Salt Lake Valley behind us!!

Here is the other side of the mountain we were on. Behind us is Mineral Basin.

Snowbird's version of the Alpine Slide!

I think the ride Madi took with me was really boring compared to the ride she went on with Gary. Gary and Madi raced Uncle Darin and Cousin Aimee the whole way down!!

Here is Bryce, Makayla, & Lisha coming down! Kayla loved it and cried when she had to get off. Who wouldn't love a huge slide down the mountain!!???

There were trampolines the kids could use up there. That really caught Madi's eye from the get go.. Madi loves jumping on trampolines! She did this with her cousin Aimee.


While we were there we went on the Peruvian Chair lift and went to see a tunnel they had made that connected Snowbird to Mineral Basin. Here is a picture of us on the chair lift on the way up! We didn't take Jackson up with us b/c there is no seatbelt and the ride one-way was about 20 minutes. I didn't want to wrestle my kid and worry about him falling off the lift. We left him at the bottom with Bryce and Lisha, thanks guys!

Pretty wild flowers on the mountain we saw on the way up..

When we got up to the tunnel we came across quite a bit of snow that hadn't melted yet!

Here's a picture of Madi walking through the tunnel. I guess the black strip in the middle is a belt that moves and takes the skiers to the other side of the tunnel. The belt wasn't on when we were there. I'm glad, I enjoyed walking through. The temperature was probably in the love 60s and it felt so good!

Here's what we saw when we got out of the tunnel on the Mineral Basin side. So pretty!

View from the Snowbird side of the tunnel.

There were a couple other things to do that we didn't do. Jill and Morgan, Madi's cousins, went on the zip line and did the climbing wall too. Madi didn't want to do that stuff... Surprise surprise!! It was so fun up there!! There is probably more to do up there, I just can't remember. We had a great time up there and managed to do it all in the 6 hours we were up there.
After we left we went to dinner at the Paradise Bakery and then headed to Gary's parents house. Here are some cute shots of the cousins we got when we had them together. Too bad Mark and his family wasn't there!! That would have made the day that much better.


Needless to say we had a great time up there. If you haven't made the trip to Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird I would do it! You will love it, I know we did!! We will probably go up again sometime.
5 comments:
Wow! That makes me want to take my family up there! When we come down next we will have to plan a trip with you guys (since you are the experts now and know all the things to do!) Can't wait to see you guys! Love, Lisa
I need to find out if it's expensive or not for the daypass. The kids would love it! I could just put Eddie facing out in the wrap, and he would love the lift! I mean, we are only 8 miles away, I really should just do it. If you want to go and it's not too much for the day pass, my kids are out of school on the 8th. It looks like so much fun! Maybe that's what we should do with Juliann and Jen C. ?
Looks like fun. We are headed that way on Saturday.
The secret places close to home...will have to add that one to our to-do list. Your hair looks cute in the pics!
Fun! Although I have to admit the low 60s sounds frigid to me! Looks like you guys had a fun day!
Post a Comment