Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Handcart Days In Bountiful AKA 24th Of July Celebration!

Last Wednesday, the 23rd, I took the kids and headed up to Bountiful for their 24th of July celebrations. Gary had to work late and then go to Young Mens and he had to work the morning of the 24th so I thought I'd head up.. We had fun with Grandma & Grandpa Anderson and Kris, Clay, Jack, Grace, & Max. Here are some pictures!

I think this was Madi's 2nd parade ever.. I felt kind of bad, but I'm just not a parade person. I think that is something I'm going to have to get over because both Madi and Jackson had fun!


Madi waving her flag as Gov. John Huntsman drove past!

Group Shot... Most of us anyways, Dad's hand is on the right and Mom's taking the picture.

This year they had a bunch of rides. Here is Madi and Gracie on the ferris wheel!

It seems the only pictures of just Jackson and I are of me luggin' him around on my back. He's really got it easy doesn't he? After two hours of this I was SOOO ready to leave!!

Waiting in line for the train ride!! Nice shades Dad..


After the carnival we headed up to my parents house to watch the fireworks that they set off at Mueller Park Jr. High. I put Jackson straight to bed and headed outside to watch them from my parents deck. I must give a shout out to whoever plans these fireworks!! They were so good! There were a couple times we thought the show was over and we had seen the end of them, but a minute later more would light up the sky. I think we will plan on going up there every year now! It was great!! Thanks for letting us come up and stay over Mom and Dad! We had a great time!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Your hair looks FANTASTIC!!! I love it! I didn't realize it was so wavy! Looks great Jen!
I still need to get into the groove of the 24th. I'm afraid we didn't do anything, I was so busy, it just felt like another Saturday. All the kids friends were gone with their families anyway. Maybe next year we will do something fun. I hear you can go see the floats before the parades for free, and it's fun for kids? Maybe next year. :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Blog Archive