Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Fourth Of July!!

WOW, we had such a busy weekend, but we also had a lot of fun too! It started on Friday morning. Both kids slept in until 9:30 or 10:00!!! Oh, that was nice! Now that's what I call a Holiday. After the kids were up we wanted to get out of the heat so we headed up to American Fork Canyon. Gary has had his eye on this little side canyon that he's been wanting to hike up so we went and did that.. We had to cross some streams and the water was SO cold.. There were times Madi and I were a little too cold while we were walking. After our hike we went home and put Jackson down for a nap. As soon as he woke up we headed down to Kristen's house in Provo. Kristen's house is just above the Lavell Edwards Stadium so we have a great view of the fireworks from Stadium of Fire. We got there and had a great BBQ and enjoyed eachothers company. Just as it was getting dark we headed down to an elementary to light out own fireworks.


Jackson was in the stroller most of the time watching the fireworks, but the later it got the more clingy he got so we threw him in the back pack.. He LOVES the backpack!!


Kristen got really excited and patriotic when we broke out the sparklers!! GO KRIS!!

After the fireworks we headed back to Kristen's for the big firework show. They kids set out their chairs before we went down to do our fireworks so they'd be ready when we got back..

Jack and Jackson waiting for the fireworks to start..

The fireworks were great!! Thanks Kris and Clay for having us down!! It's been a fun tradition we've started..
Since we were up really late again Friday night the kids slept in again on Saturday!! Oh so nice.. Saturday we had a lazy morning and it was great. In the late morning Gary's family called and said they were going to Ikea and Cabela's. We decided to meet then at Ikea. While we were wandering around I noticed that they had these huge terracotta pots on sale for $.99. I put a couple in our cart and it was then that I noticed they had some Sago Palms.. When we lived in Vegas I loved these!! I kept telling myself that I wanted to plant one in our front yard when we lived down there, but I never did. Well, I decided to buy a couple and see how they do in this climate. I read online and it said that they can survive clear down to 20 degrees F. Pretty hardy little guys huh?.. I bought another funky looking plant while we were there too. I'm totally turning into my dad.. He loves plants and I'm starting to get the bug too..


After Ikea we ran our new plants home and then headed up to SLC while the rest of the family went to Cabela's.. We went to buy one of those memory foam mattress toppers... If you don't have one of those I highly recommend getting one! They are wonderful.
We finally met up with Gary's family at Gary's parents house where we set up a pool for Madi and Kayla to play in and one for the dogs to play in. It was a hot day and I'm sure it felt great!


Madi had a lot of fun running and jumping into the pool Here are a couple of her action shots we got..


For dinner we were really spoiled. Gary's Dad made a roast in the dutch oven. Bryce baked some great rolls and Gary cooked some chocolate cake!! Gary's mom made yummy salad with the lettuce they were growing in the garden. Everything was so good.

We bought Madi Cinderella 2 at a garage sale a couple weeks ago and on that show they eat chocolate pudding.. Madi insisted that we have that too. Madi had never tried pudding so this was a big day for here.. **NOTE** Madi's teeth really aren't that yellow... It's just the chocolate...

After dinner was cleaned up we sat around and chatted for awhile, but when it got dark we all headed outside to put on our own firework show again.



Gary did a great job putting on the show for us and lighting all the fireworks..
Sunday was busy too! We had another BBQ with our great neighbors. The other day we were talking and they like to play the game Settler of Catan.. We really like the game too so we decided to have dinner and play some games. Gary or I didn't win so we will have to challenge them to a rematch!!!
Thanks for the great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

mom said...

You've really had a busy week. Sounds like a lot of fun. I love all the pictures. What a wonderful family you have.

. said...

Cute blog! I love all of your pictures. Sorry I've been peeking in and not leaving a note but I sort of like spying on people. hehe.

Blog Archive