Gary's project is a trail that runs through and winds around the neighborhoods of Lindon city and meets up with an older trail that goes up to the East side of the city. This trail is about 2.5 miles long and goes under State Street to the west side of State Street and in some neighborhoods down there. At first some of the residence of Lindon were upset, but now that they can see part of the finished project and they are happy with it. Here are some pictures.
This Picture is at a park just on State Street in Lindon. You can see the trail going up the hill a little bit and heading East..
Now here is a picture of the trail that goes under State Street. If you look in the bottom left corner you will see the trail from the first picture.
Here is another shot of the tunnel on the East side of State Street, just a closer shot.
Madi found the finest sand I had ever seen, almost like a fine sugar... Of course she had to play in it..
Here is a picture of the tunnel on the West side of State Street.. Pretty big tunnel huh???
It was SO hot while we were there. Madi managed to find the only shade available... It was under a sewage line. I guess you do what ya gotta do..
Jackson got to be on daddy's back.. I think even Jackson was getting a little too hot.. I think I'm already ready for fall...
We had lunch at the park that the trail runs through.. Here is a fun video of Jackson I got!! I can't believe he is 9 1/2 months already!!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing with us. Great job, Gary; you do such good work. It's always interesting to see projects you're doing.
I've always wondered what it is that Gary does. Well, I kinda knew but not really. That trail looks really cool! Let me know when it's done and I'll go christen it with an early morning run.
And Jackson is so cute in that video (like ALWAYS!) That's my guy!
He is so cute! And thanks for showing pictures of the trail. That was the first time I had seen it! I think we will ALL be happy when that stupid project is done and that thorn is removed from our side.
I've had a few conversation with Gary about his work, and always came away feeling like he was doing something infinitely useful that required an enormous amount of intellect.
It's great to actually see pictures of something he has been working on.
That is so cool Jen! I like the way it's coming along. The design of it is interesting and I can tell it's going to be beautiful and well built. I am really appreciateing the skills of a civil engineer right now. After being an engineer for almost 40 years, EVERYTHING my dad does is interesting and thought out. I can see alot of those same qualities in Gary. (check my blog and see what my dad did to make a job seem fun for the kids. I think Gary will develop his "inventive-ness" more and more with all these projects he does.) Hurray for the geeky engineers! (except Gary is a pretty cool guy :)
Ok, and Madi.....what a brilliant little girl! I LOVE how she just plopped down in the little tiny speck of shade she could find. And Jackson of COURSE is adorable as all get! (btw-thanks for the call today!)
Post a Comment