I think the true "BOY" is coming out in Jackson!! These past couple days he has been getting hurt right and left!! Yesterday he was playing on our stair case(thankfully just the first stair) and he fell face first down onto our tiled entry way.. His cheek was bright red with a little bit of purple.. I thought for sure it would bruise! Then last night I was in my room and I heard Jackson SCREAM!!! I ran into his room and he was holding his ear and I looked down and the thermometer was sitting on the floor.. I'm assuming he stuck it in his ear.. Yesterday I was holding him and while we were walking through a doorway he threw his head back and knocked himself on the door. This morning he has already fallen off Madi's bed.. Her bed is our old bed and when they made it I specifically asked them to make is higher than a normal bed so it was a pretty good fall... And lastly (knock on wood) a few minutes ago I was getting some batteries out of the hall closet, I went to shut the door, it didn't shut and I looked over and his fingers were in the door by the hinges... I had squashed his little fingers!! Honestly, it makes me a little nervous for what's coming next. My friend, Annie has a son Jackson's age and it seems he often has a new scratch or bruise, I guess it's just the age, who knows!! Gary's Mom told me that Gary's medical file was about 2 inches thick when he was a little boy due to falls and injurys.. I think we might have another little Gary on our hands!!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Falls, Face Plants, Squashes!!
I think the true "BOY" is coming out in Jackson!! These past couple days he has been getting hurt right and left!! Yesterday he was playing on our stair case(thankfully just the first stair) and he fell face first down onto our tiled entry way.. His cheek was bright red with a little bit of purple.. I thought for sure it would bruise! Then last night I was in my room and I heard Jackson SCREAM!!! I ran into his room and he was holding his ear and I looked down and the thermometer was sitting on the floor.. I'm assuming he stuck it in his ear.. Yesterday I was holding him and while we were walking through a doorway he threw his head back and knocked himself on the door. This morning he has already fallen off Madi's bed.. Her bed is our old bed and when they made it I specifically asked them to make is higher than a normal bed so it was a pretty good fall... And lastly (knock on wood) a few minutes ago I was getting some batteries out of the hall closet, I went to shut the door, it didn't shut and I looked over and his fingers were in the door by the hinges... I had squashed his little fingers!! Honestly, it makes me a little nervous for what's coming next. My friend, Annie has a son Jackson's age and it seems he often has a new scratch or bruise, I guess it's just the age, who knows!! Gary's Mom told me that Gary's medical file was about 2 inches thick when he was a little boy due to falls and injurys.. I think we might have another little Gary on our hands!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(111)
-
▼
March
(17)
- I Did It!!!!
- Say Cheese!
- Exciting Night!
- What??? Come On.......
- Our Little Date Night With Madi..
- I Don't Hunt, But I Was Impressed!!
- Falls, Face Plants, Squashes!!
- Our Chilly Trip To The Canyon....
- Come Back Little Birdie!!
- Ouch!!
- Our New Wheels!
- Hooray For Nursery!!
- Could It Be?? Is Spring Really Coming!?!?
- Madi Had Company Tonight!!
- Blast Daylight Savings!!!
- Madi And Her Seeds...
- Our Recent Activities...
-
▼
March
(17)
4 comments:
Poor little Jackson! And poor you! THat's no fun. I love the pic of you and Jackson up AF canyon. But I'm with you on No more winter! It's high time we shed the winter coats and got to be in short sleeves again!
ADVICE: AFLAC Accident plan!
We signed up for it as soon as Cooper started walking! Now, with 2 boys, I'm sure it will come in handy sooner or later.
But, hopefully Jackson doesn't take too much after his dad. There was that car vs. bike incident a while back....
I hear ya, seems it was like that with Zach as soon as he started walking. I swear there were people everywhere I went that wondered if I beat the boy, he had so many scrapes and bruises. It is just the age and they do eventually grow out of it somewhat, although Zach is still clumsy from time to time. Good luck and know we've all been through it!
ditto here...there's always a new scratch or bruise. I've stopped trying to keep track! my stomach turned when you talked about the fingers...done that one before and it made me sick then, too!!
Post a Comment