Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Little Date Night With Madi..

A couple weeks ago Gary took Madi out on a date night. They went to Maggie Moos and drove up by the Temple. They had a great time.. Madi told me later that week that she wanted to go out on a date with just Gary and me, no Jackson... I thought it was cute that she wanted some time alone with us so today we took her to an early dinner at The Olive Garden.. It was so sweet, when we were getting ready to leave she said, "I want to wear something special." Madi and I went into her closet and found something she thought she looked beautiful in. We took Jackson over to Alicia's (thank you sooo much Lish) and we left for our date. Madi was so gitty!! She was just smiling the and laughing the whole time. It was really cute. Gary and I had a great time with her. It reminded me of the days before Jackson.. We had so much fun with Madi!! She was almost 4 when we had Jackson and it was fun just having Madi for those 3 1/2 years, it really helped us get to know her. I sometimes wonder if that's why I'm in NO hurry to have another.. I want time to get to know Jackson as well. Thanks so much Madi for your great idea for a date night! We had a great time.

A little side note... Is is obvious that I've been giving Jackson a lot of Motrin these past couple weeks with his ear infection??? I noticed him walking around and playing in Madi's room with these in his hands.. He had the Motrin and the syringe ready for his dose of meds. I guess I should probably put this away.. Sorry Charlie, no meds for you!!! You're ALL better!!! YAY!!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

for someone who really only knows your kids via the blog, he looks really different in that pic!! older, mostly. glad he is better and that you guys got some focus time with madi!

Kristen said...

that's so cute jen! i TOTALLY agree with you about having more kids! every child needs and LOVES so much attention it's difficult to imagine dividing it up even more! my kids thrive on one on one time and i thoroughly enjoy giving it to them! it's just hard to do most of the time... we'll figure this mom thing out eventually! :)
crazy video! very cool!

Tara said...

Eddie is the same way about medicine. He LOVES it! He did the exact thing after taking motrin/tylenol for so long, between teething and being sick. :) And the snow is a killer too, we drove to the Tabernacle on sunday, (brother in law was singing w/BYU singers), and the wind just started while we were on the freeway. By the time we got out, it was blizzard, crazy! hope it warms up soon! talk to you soon!

Blog Archive