
When I was young living in my first house in Bountiful my Dad had this peach tree that always produced great peaches! My mom would can them and we would enjoy those wonderful sweet peaches year round. I have since missed having a peach tree and always wanted to plant one. Well, we didn't in Logan because we rented, we didn't in Vegas because we only lived the 9 months. When we were deciding which trees to plant here in Lehi I KNEW I wanted a peach tree! We planted two and both had great peaches on it! I went out the other day to check on them and to my horror found one tree was blanketed with wasps! Those dang things were eating my peaches! I was so mad. I held out hope for my other tree that the wasps wouldn't find it.. Well, I went out today and to my suprise the wasps haven't found those peaches! There aren't enough peaches to can so I think I will go to this farmers market in Orem my friend was telling me about.. However, there are enough peaches to try this recipe that's on my friend's blog. Ever since I saw that post it's been in the back of my head to try it!! Hopefully it turns out! I LOVE this time of year!
1 comment:
Stupid wasps. I hate them, and I love peaches, so I feel for you. I grew up the same, with a number of peach trees in our yard. I sure miss that.
Post a Comment