Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let's Go Fly A Kite!!!

A couple weeks ago when I was driving down to St. George I noticed a billboard sign when I passed Spanish Fork on I-15. They were advertising a big Kite Festival. Madi LOVES kites so I knew we had to go. We went last Saturday and we were pleasantly surprised with the experience. We stopped and picked up Madi's friend, Courtney who used to live across the street, but has since moved out to Spanish Fork. We had a fun time and will probably go again next year.

When we first got there we went to a booth where the girls could make their own kites.. They were fun, but after a few minutes Madi got really discouraged. It wouldn't fly as high as Madi would have like it to.


After flying the kites we headed up to the man made reservoir to watch the kites. This place was awesome! I was so impressed with what Spanish Fork City had done with this area. They made a big reservoir for their pressurized irrigation and then on one end they put sand so it's like a beach and they stock it with fish so you can fish there too! Up the hill from the "beach" there's a big park and then above that there are a bunch of camping sites. It's a great place.



All day they had this waverunner going around the reservoir flying big kites! The kites were huge and pretty too.


At the end of the day Gary was at some booth learning about solar power or something like that and Madi and Courtney wanted to play at the park so I just sat on the shaded grass and watched the girls and the big kite flying below and I also enjoyed the beautiful view I had of Utah County. Here's a video I took..



1 comment:

Jenna said...

Jenn, we were there too! It was so fun! Dave is an avid kite enthusiast. He took about 5 kites and tried to fly them, but there wasn't a lot of consistent wind. The wave runners were awesome. We were there in the morning, when were you there? Dave totally wants to get our own windmill for the backyard to supply our our electricity (he got he idea from one of the booths). Jimmy was way put out that he couldn't ride the Segways--you had to be 16. We all got sunburned, but it was fun. We'll probably go next year too. Wish I'd seen you there.

Blog Archive