Last Friday night we met some of Gary's family and went to the State Fair up in SLC. I had never been... EVER... I was looking forward to seeing what it was all about.. Madi was excited to see all the animals and ride some rides. Here are some of the pictures we got..
Family Tree Picture @ The Fair...
Gary was really interested in seeing the dutch oven cook off!! Everything smelled SOO good!!
Here are a couple of the animals we saw! We saw lots, but here are some of the highlights.
Cute goats... Very curious things.
Madi was convinced that Wilbur was one of the baby pigs in there..
This is Madi petting the rabbits. The brown one is the softest rabbit EVER!!!
The whole evening we kept walking past this trailer with this guy yelling, "come see the 11 foot Alligator!!" Every time we went past it perked my interest just a little bit more.. I totally caved and paid $$$ to see this thing.. Oh well, at least Madi liked it.. I almost felt bad for the thing... There wasn't any room for it to move around. He was pretty big though. I'm glad I looked at it or I would have thought about it the rest of the night.
Cute picture of Madi and her cousin, Kayla.
Madi managed to go on some rides. The rides were pretty expensive so we didn't go on too many.
Here's one that all three of us went on.. Gary was on camera duty so he didn't get on with us.
Who goes to the fair and doesn't ride the Merry-Go-Round??!!
Here is a fun video Gary took of the kids while on the ride.. Jackson was pretty excited.
5 comments:
Sounds like fun, Jen!! I think Amy and I are going to be going to the AZ State Fair here next month. I guess Sheryl Crow is doing a show, so Amy wants to go. So maybe I'll be able to beat out Gary in the mechanical bull ride!! Ha Ha...
-Dave
Gary...you are a natural cowboy! I think you have a plan 'B' should engineering not work out!
ha! Loved the bucking bronco! I haven't been to the fair in years and I can't believe you have never been!! I think we would go more but it is soooooo expensive, we just don't. We should try again sometime. The animals and contests are so much fun to see. Also... yeah for milk! That is a good day when formula is history!
Yeah, you could deep fry an old shoe and make it taste good. Snickers and Oreos, that much better! Looks like you guys had fun!
Now I want to go, next year I guess. It looks like a really fun time. I think I have been to state fair once in my whole life, and it was so long ago, I hardly remember. I only remember going to festivals, like the asparagus festival in my home town, or the Garlic festival. (THE best) :) I really need to find out what is happening around here, I keep missing everything!
Post a Comment