
After that was done I wanted to paint the kids bathroom. I got the painting done, but now I'm waiting for Gary to help me hang some bead board. I'll post a before and after when we finish that. Hunting season is starting so I better get on him to do that VERY soon or it won't happen until January..
The latest project we did was tile. I have tiled a couple times in my life. Once at the house I grew up in (I remodeled a bathroom with my Dad for one of my Young Women Personal Progress projects), and I tiled a counter top in our first apartment in Logan. I knew that tile wasn't that hard to lay so after much persuation I got the go ahead from Gary. We found some slate on KSL.com at a great price so we bought all they had. We put part of it in our entry way downstairs. I want to lay the rest in our master bath, but Gary specifically said he didn't want to start that till January.. Here are some before and after pictures of our entry way!
Here's what the linoleum looked like before we ripped it up.. Real nice stuff huh???

Mid Project..

Ta Da!!! Here's the finished product looking down on it from the stairs!

Here's a view from the front door! I was really happy with how it turned out. Thanks Gary for your help! I really couldn't have done it without you. Love you.
6 comments:
That turned out really good! Paint adds a lot to a room. Your tile looks awesome! I love the slate!
amy
Jen, I LOVE the slate!!! Nice job, seriously!!! The bathroom looks awesome, I want to paint bathrooms now! None of ours are painted either. I love what rich color on the wall can do. The floor really does look fantastic. I want to add a fresh color to our front door too. Have you thought of that, something bold? The blue does look nice with the slate though, so you might not want to change. But I am sick of my brick red door. :) It feels so good to refresh a few things around the house, doesn't it?
Good Job, Jen! It looks great!
Such fun posts! First off your home improvements look fantastic! I love the painting and the tile work and can't wait to see pics of your other project.
Sorry that we missed Gary and Jacksons party. Gary's cake looked yummy and Jacksons cake looked so fun. I really feel bad we missed seeing Jackson. He is such a cutie pie and oh so fun to watch. I bet he was a blast to watch eating his cake and playing with his toys.
The Fair was alot of fun. Gary is such a good sport! I can now say that I've seen the 'cowboy' side of Gary. It has been so fun hanging out with you guys this summer. It's definately reminicent of our good ol Logan days.
Both projects look fantastic! I am not brave enough to do tile yet. I love looking at before and afters!
Wow, that looks amazing! You are always up to something cool. I need to be more like you.
Post a Comment