Friday, September 19, 2008

"Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a heck of a lot better." -Robert Redford



Today Madi wanted a snack so I gave her a couple oreo cookies... She started eating it and it drove me crazy that she didn't want milk with it. Madi says she doesn't like milk so I never give it to her with cookies. I pulled out a mug, poured some milk in it and explained to her that if she dunks the oreo in milk it will be SOOO much better. She tried it, she liked it, and now Madi has finally wet her pallet with some milk as she ate her cookies!! YAY! Not a huge milestone to you, but to us it's great!! Madi is so picky and doesn't try new things very often... This was a good thing...

7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

That's great! Milk is the best thing ever invented. Let's just hope she didn't inherit Dennis' ummm.. resistance to milk?!?!

Cami said...

Yum!! and hurray for milestones! Remember JOY comes in the form of kids eating!! Wahoo!

Cookie Crum said...

Oreos are number 1 at our house!

Kim

Tara said...

I hear ya! ANYTHING to get Jade to drink milk. It drives me nuts that she doesn't like it.

Michelle said...

I've always really liked Robert Redford!

Alicia said...

If you want her to get her recommended daily calcium, she'll be going through lots of Oreos! ;)

The Hood's said...

I'm glad she liked it! I was afraid she might be a communist!

Blog Archive